Books - horsey fiction

Options
ChocFiend
ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
Any one recommend any horsey related fiction?

currently reading Fiona Walker Kiss and Tell which im really enjoying but need something to follow it on with. I could read Jilly Cooper but after seeing the film and knowing the ending i don't know if i'll enjoy the book so much.

not fussed over the romance aspect so any recommendations welcome

Replies

• SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    An oldie, but a good one is Palomino by Danielle Steel!
  • TraceyG1971
    Options
    There are a lot of fictional horse books on Amazon. One that caught my attention is Spirit Horses by Alan S. Evans. It almost has a 5 star rating so maybe you might want to check it out if you haven't already. I don't read much about fictional horses...usually just read hands on books about horses. I honestly don't have much time to read with taking care of animals, a 6 year old and a disabled fiance... not to mention the daily chores of cooking and cleaning.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    An oldie, but a good one is Palomino by Danielle Steel!

oh yes forgot about that one, read it a while ago may just read that one again
  • karenk2f
    karenk2f Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A couple of books I enjoyed recently were: Soul of a Horse-Joe Camp and Falling for Eli-Nancy Shulins. Both were based on real life but they were still good reads.
  • alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    @ChocFiend - Fiona Walker is actually my ex-sister in law! (She is still a good friend). Have you read the rest of her books? Most are very horsey, funny and saucy. If you ever read "Tongue in Cheek" - the dedication refers to my family! (I am "the dressage rider"). It's an idea to read them in order, if possible, as the same characters appear in several books. I find myself laughing out loud when I read them. I'm glad you are enjoying - I'll pass that on!

I've also enjoyed:The Horse Whisperer, Sea Biscuit and The Man Who Listens To Horses.
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    @ChocFiend - Fiona Walker is actually my ex-sister in law! (She is still a good friend). Have you read the rest of her books? Most are very horsey, funny and saucy. If you ever read "Tongue in Cheek" - the dedication refers to my family! (I am "the dressage rider"). It's an idea to read them in order, if possible, as the same characters appear in several books. I find myself laughing out loud when I read them. I'm glad you are enjoying - I'll pass that on!

I've also enjoyed:The Horse Whisperer, Sea Biscuit and The Man Who Listens To Horses.

which should i be reading after kiss and tell? stayed up til way past midnight last night to finish it & loved it.

if she hasn't already please ask fiona to write a book on lough and Becky, and another on faith and rory, and if she can make it a million million pages long then i can read it for the rest of forever - loved those characters in the book. :-)
  • alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options

which should i be reading after kiss and tell? stayed up til way past midnight last night to finish it & loved it.

if she hasn't already please ask fiona to write a book on lough and Becky, and another on faith and rory, and if she can make it a million million pages long then i can read it for the rest of forever - loved those characters in the book. :-)

Here goes for the order: French Relations, Kiss Chase, Well groomed, Snap happy, Between Males, Lucy Talk, Lots of love, Tongue in Cheek, Four Play, Love Hunt (then comes Kiss and Tell) and her most recent is The Love Letter.

Rory and Faith are in Love Hunt as I remember. Lough and Becky were new characters. I'm sure you will like all the books though!
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    so ive read the last book first typical lol thankyou