I love supportive friends!!

Options
groversa
groversa Posts: 450 Member
Hey! My name is Samantha,
I am 21 years old and on my weight loss journey. I am currently 185 (on my home scale). I would LOVE to lose 6-12 pounds by Easter! I have lost 13 so far (yesterday was day 60 for me) but in the last 30 days I have only lost about 3, so I need motivation and advice!!
Thanks in advance for your support! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• luceeleanor
    luceeleanor Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow well done for 13lbs! Amazing! Have you been sticking to your calorie goal on MFP? Been doing more exercise? Maybe that could be it..

x
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on your weight loss!

Things that have worked for me so far:

1. Logging into MFP several times a day and commenting to all of my friends. It keeps me motivated!
    2. Eating all of my cals, including my exercise cals. Some days I'm 100-200 under but I'm also eating 1700 a day about.
    3. Cardio 2-4 times a week. Going to start weight training now that I've lost the first 25. This may stall the weight loss a bit but I will lose inches.
    4. Drinking 10-15 glasses of water a day. This one is VERY important.
    5. Multivitamins and fiber supplements to make up for what I'm not getting with the calorie cut.
  • groversa
    Options
    Thanks! And yes, I am sticking to my calorie goal or under it each day, I also do exercise at least 150 minutes a week (30 minutes 5 days) but usually go over by around 100 extra minutes. I do drink a lot of water and I have been taking Thermo Bond. I am also planning on buying the Acia Berry Cleanse, I know its not a magic pill for weight loss lol, but last time I took it, it just made me feel very healthy and less bloated.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I just joined today. congrats on your weight loss. I will have to implement some of your tips.
  • zelhya
    Options
    I´m Celia, I Just begin today my journey , your tips encourage me to go in¡ (Sorry, I´m from Spain and it´s very difficult for me to write in english , but I want try it to share with all of you your experience. You can correct my english if you want I would be gratefull.
  • groversa
    Options
    I´m Celia, I Just begin today my journey , your tips encourage me to go in¡ (Sorry, I´m from Spain and it´s very difficult for me to write in english , but I want try it to share with all of you your experience. You can correct my english if you want I would be gratefull.

Your English is fantastic for being from Spain, so well done!

And thanks everybody else! I am for sure not done, but at least I've started! :)