Game Night, Friday, 2/22

Lovlilyn
Lovlilyn Posts: 79 Member
Hi - I am hosting a game night for two other couples (we rotate at each others' homes). I am responsible for main course, and two other couples bring an appetizer and dessert, respectively.

I think to keep it easy, I'm going to make a pulled pork. Any suggestions for sides? Cole Slaw of course, but any healthy additions?

Also, anyone have any good games they have played lately? We play a dice game (Oh *kitten*! I think it's called), and Taboo. I would love some new ideas. Just adults play the games and we know each other pretty well.

TIA,

Lynne

Replies

• Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    I always like good old fashioned trivial pursuit.

Pictionary can be fun.

"you don't know jack' is funny too, a computer trivia game, I'm not sure if you can download it easily/cheaply, but I really like it, and theres a time factor on answers too. Oh, and the guy makes fun of you when you get it wrong... its amusing.

Make some cut up fruit, maybe on pretty skewers, like a strawberry, pineapple, a few blueberries, grapes, etc... in case the dessert that is brought is really terrible, you'll have another option.

Apples go good with pork. I don't know if you'll serve it wtih rolls, but maybe some lower carb option like healthy tortillas or something could help too.

Enjoy, have fun, report back... ;)
  • Lovlilyn
    Thanks - I'll have to look up "you don't know jack", that sounds like fun.
  • Lovlilyn
    Hi,

Game night was fun! The appetizer couple brought "texas caviar" - have you every had that? It's almost like a salsa, but made with different kinds of beans and different kinds of corn, and a vinegar dressing. Yummy! We used the baked "scoops". They also brought JUMBO shrimp. Both options not too bad if you don't over do it.

For the main course, I made the pulled pork, served with buns, cole slaw, country green beans, corn muffins, and confetti salad. I forgot the baked beans in the microwave!

The other couple brought cream puffs for dessert. I didn't have one :-) I drank my dessert instead, IYKNWIM :-)

We played Taboo, which is always fun. I think I am paying for the alcohol now, because I'm up 2lbs this morning. I'm hoping a week of clean eating will help bring that down, but AF is due to arrive, so who knows.

Lynne
  • Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    Glad it went well :)

Yeah, texas cavier is yummy, its the chips that'll kill you on that one.

I'm sure you're just up on water retention, not from the party. It'll go back down.

GL!

ps I'd choose the liquid dessert myself... ;)