Options
lindzann88
lindzann88 Posts: 27 Member
Hi I'm Lindsay, I live in Southern Indiana. I just started my journey to eating healthy and working out. I have a very long way to go but since the start of the year I've lost 15lbs. I have a wonderful husband who I have been married to for almost 5 years, we have 6 female rats who are spoiled rotten, and I love cooking and crafting.

I have no problem trying new foods or ways to cook them, i just hate working out. I can't seem to find any workout that I like to do alone. I've tried walking, zumba, stepping, tai bo, and a few other random videos. Any ideas for new workouts would be great. :)

Replies

• rjneeley
    rjneeley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am close to you -- I live in Columbus. I hear you on the working out. I actually either have to get up and get it done first thing before I talk myself out of it, or make it part of my day. Like going for a walk, riding my bike to work, something like that. I don't have a gym membership, just do what I can at home. Hope you find something that works for you! BTW, we had a rat once -- I loved her! After she died, we put off having pets for awhile, now have a dog and 2 guinea pigs. I'm married, too, with 3 kids. Good luck to you!

Rachel
  • lindzann88
    Options
    I usually do some walking but I just downloaded the C25K on my phone so maybe I can get into running lol. It would be nice to get a gym in Edinburgh, but I can use the hotel one for now. :)
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I usually do some walking but I just downloaded the C25K on my phone so maybe I can get into running lol. It would be nice to get a gym in Edinburgh, but I can use the hotel one for now. :)

You say "lol" about the possibility of getting into running.... well I wouldn't laugh too much.... There are many people on here who have been "converted" from overweight couch potatoes into runners with that program (including me). I never thought it possible either. In fact, after reading the first paragraph of your post, I was going to suggest running/c25k...
    Anyway, welcome to the group, and I hope you find success in your workouts (if not c25k then with something)
  • habichtcl
    habichtcl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just joined the group. I'm 34 years old and getting married in May. Regardless of the wedding my goals are to lose weight and be a more overall healthier person. I want to make exercise a regular part of my routine, just like brushing my teeth. And to be more aware of what I put in my body. Let's do this!
  • lindzann88
    Options
    You say "lol" about the possibility of getting into running.... well I wouldn't laugh too much.... There are many people on here who have been "converted" from overweight couch potatoes into runners with that program (including me).

I'm hoping that's the case. I'm the epiphany of a couch potato and I have heard wonderful reviews for the C25K so I figure it's worth a chance. Any tips for doing it?
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You say "lol" about the possibility of getting into running.... well I wouldn't laugh too much.... There are many people on here who have been "converted" from overweight couch potatoes into runners with that program (including me).

I'm hoping that's the case. I'm the epiphany of a couch potato and I have heard wonderful reviews for the C25K so I figure it's worth a chance. Any tips for doing it?

Go slow... repeat any days or weeks if necessary.. use a phone app if possible (I used rundouble on Android, but there are many out there). Go slow speed will come later. Go slow... There is a MFP group dedicated to C25K. I recommend joining it. Did I mention go slow?
  • Dispatchvampire
    Options
    Greetings!! :) You know, I laughed about the running, too. I'll be a year off my cane in April, and I'm planning on getting ready for the Urbanathalon maybe next year in NYC or Chicago. It's a strange journey we're all on together, but you'd be surprised where it takes you.