30DS ChitChat

Options

Replies

• AngNY
    AngNY Posts: 193
    Options
    What are you guys up to this weekend? Will you still be working out to the video?
  • chickpeas1
    chickpeas1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will be working out all weekend. Might step it up and try level 2 tomorrow. Level 1's getting a bit easy.
  • hebehrens
    Options
    Yep, will do 30DS for sure! Did Day 5 this morning. Missed yesterday (which was supposed to be Day 5). Wasn't planned, just got so busy that we had not time to sneak it in. Felt good today doing it though! Push-ups are getting easier (still doing them on my knees, but at least I can do them all now). Will take the dog for a 20-30 minute walk this afternoon as well. Probably do 30DS and get the dog for another walk tomorrow.

Otherwise I have plenty of studying to do - burning calories with my brain, right?
  • Roshellexo
    Roshellexo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of level one now! Looked up what we have to do on level 2 in preparation... I'm sooo not looking forward to that.
  • AngNY
    Options
    I decided this week I am going to go on the elliptical in the morning then 30DS at night vs. just doing 30DS. I feel like I should be getting more in than just her 20 minutes. My zombie group challenges are also added but I feel like I need more.

Anyone else doing any other work outs along with 30DS?
  • crazycleo
    Options
    Haha I looked it up too, looks terrifying. Today was my rest day, it's weird but I actually miss it. I'd do it now if the people downstairs wouldn't kill me for it.
  • AngNY
    Options
    Are you ready for the new week?!
  • hebehrens
    Options
    Before 30 day shred I was typically doing 30 minutes of cardio over lunch at our gym (elliptical, treadmill, bike, or occasionally a fitness class like step). I also get my dog out for a walk most days. But... I'm a student in an intense doctorate program and don't feel like i can sacrifice the studying time do both 30 day shred, walk the dog, AND do my normal lunchtime workout. So for now, it's just getting the dog out for 20-30 minutes and 30 Day shred.

Finished Day 6 today! Plan on doing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, then taking a rest day on Friday, and starting up with Day 1 of Level 2 on Saturday! Excited to see what's on Level 2 - any previews from people on the moves she does?
  • crazycleo
    Options
    Was wondering if you guys are doing exercise on top of the 30DS. My muscles don't hurt anymore (don't know if thats due to my increase in protein or my body just getting stronger) and I feel like I should be doing more than just the 25 minutes of 30DS every day.
    Does anyone have any recommendations? I live in Montreal so other than walking I can't do much outside this time of year. And I'm not ready to invest in a gym membership yet. So it pretty much needs to be apartment friendly.
  • TammyS3
    TammyS3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Was wondering if you guys are doing exercise on top of the 30DS. My muscles don't hurt anymore (don't know if thats due to my increase in protein or my body just getting stronger) and I feel like I should be doing more than just the 25 minutes of 30DS every day.
    Does anyone have any recommendations? I live in Montreal so other than walking I can't do much outside this time of year. And I'm not ready to invest in a gym membership yet. So it pretty much needs to be apartment friendly.

I've been doing 30 minutes on the stationary bike also.
  • teenytinybikini
    teenytinybikini Posts: 49 Member
    Options

I'm losing the will to live, not sure I have the motivation to face another 23 consecutive days of it. HELP!!!!
  • teenytinybikini
    Options
    Is anyone doing a weigh in and measurements after level 1, 2 and 3 or are you all waiting until the whole 30 days is up?
  • crazycleo
    Options
    Stick with it! I know it gets repetitive but I already see a change in my stamina and thats worth it alone! I weigh in every week so will still be doing that. Will only take measurements after the whole 30.
  • AngNY
    Options

I'm losing the will to live, not sure I have the motivation to face another 23 consecutive days of it. HELP!!!!

Come on you got this! It's okay to take a day off if you need it. I weigh in every week but I will not measure myself until the end. I want to see big results as far as that goes.

Keep pushing through!!!
  • teenytinybikini
    Options
    It's day nine today, I shall weight myself after level 1 which I complete tomorrow. I don't feel thinner and my clothes don't appear looser so definitely not doing my measurements until I've completed the whole thirty days.

Oh, and thanks for the encouragement, I will push though, I will complete it, don't wanna let you guys down, or myself!! xx
  • AngNY
    Options
    I've noticed with 30DS you will lose way more inches than pounds. I haven't weighed in yet but I already know I am losing inches. My waist feels so weird... And only because I am not use to a slimmer waist. My bf is noticing it too without me mentioning it so that's a plus!
  • billie_2013
    billie_2013 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Same here, I'm on day 17 (half way to the end!). almost no pounds lost since beggining but my waist definitly gets smaller every week! And my husband noticed it (he's not really the kind of person that would notice much usualy so that means changes do happen!). I want to take measurements at the end of each level, 3 days 'till the next one, I can't wait to see how many inches I've lost!

CrazyCleo, on top of 30DS I cycle to work, 25 min return, (weather it's raining / snowing I always do, I have special rain clothes for it), and I've also stated doing the zumba fitness videos, I really like them, especially the abs workout, it's only 15 min so I can do it easily!
  • hebehrens
    hebehrens Posts: 55
    Options
    Today will be my day 10 of level 1. Soooo ready to move on! I previewed level 2 and I think it actually looks really fun! Definitely looks a bit more painful than level 1.

I'm also waiting for a Zumba game on Kinect to come in - supposed to be delivered today. Excited to try it out!

How's everyone doing with 30DS? Plan on taking tomorrow off (took last Friday off too) and start up with Level 2 on Saturday.
  • crazycleo
    crazycleo Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm a day behind you, will also be taking saturday off and then doing day 10 of level 1 on sunday. So excited to move on, don't feel like I'm being challenged as much as I should with level 1 even though I've upped my weight. Still can't do "real" pushups though so I don't really know how I'm going to manage level 2.
  • hebehrens
    hebehrens Posts: 55
    Options
    Did day 1 of level 2 this morning. Feeling a little overwhelmed by it! I feel like level 1 does not adequately prepare you for level 2. She doesn't do anything in level 1 with planks (unless you count push ups) and then all of a sudden she's doing all kinds of stuff in plank position. My husband can barely hold a plank without doing any extremity movements, so he really struggled through the video today. I'm able to hold a good plank position on it's own for awhile, but struggled through doing more than a few of each added on movements.

I'm a little frustrated too because even at level 2, I still feel like the leg stuff is not challenging enough, and some of the other stuff (like plank position exercises and some of the arms) are too hard for me. :/

Also, as a physical therapy student I'm a little irked by some of the movies. The ab ones were you lower both legs together towards the floor? Almost nobody can do that one correctly. To prevent back injury, you should be able to maintain a flat back on the floor throughout the entire motion (with good TA contraction). If your lower back arches up away from the floor at all, you're risking injury. It bugs me that she doesn't explain the importance of doing some of the movies correctly. The only things she ever talks about are not letting your knees come forward on lunges/squats, and not using your neck with ab stuff.

Okay, rant over! Maybe I'll be in a better mood tomorrow - ha. :)