Day 10 _ when you were happy... binging affecting mood...

Day 10: A picture of a time in your life you remembering being really happy. How much does binging affect your mood?

3531jk3.jpg

Summer 2011. Here I am celebrating after Fernando Alonso had won the British Grand Prix!! I was so excited to be there and so overjoyed that he had won after seeing him finish in 14th place for 2 years in a row!! A week after I jetted off to Barcelona for 3 months. I was very happy when this photo was taken!! :D

Binging affects my mood massively. I binge because I feel low or stressed, but only end up feeling even worse afterward.

Replies

• fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    I don't have a picture but each year in school whenever they had a magician / magic show I was always the one picked first to be their assitant. even when I was at a missionary school the guy picked me to be his assitant in his christian juggling act. it meant a lot because most of the time I was always the one picked last in school and overlooked.

When I am happy I tend not to binge at all. I can see where binge eating can effect your mood.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    100E0565.jpg
    My wedding day was very happy for me.

Yes, bingeing affects my mood, especially when I am upset, anxious and/or bored. That is when I'll binge.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    I tried to upload photos using my wedding photos but photobucket won't cooperate and the other website gave me problems too. My profile pic is a wedding photo of my happy day.
  • ISABELCOADY55
    ISABELCOADY55 Posts: 113 Member
    2lwlp1d.jpg

uploading photos can be a bit of pain. all you have to do though is change the capital 'IMG' in brackets to lower case 'img' and it should work. :)

you look beautiful in this pic by the way. and very happy too!!
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    honestly, i'm pretty much always happy. except for after a binge. wow...i've NEVER realized that before. if that's not enough to NOT BINGE i don't know what is. why would i want to do that to myself??? i just hate the feeling of food taking over me. no control, no caring about my health or about my happiness.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    One of my happiest, relaxed times was the July after I graduated college, but before I got licensed and started working. I had a sign on bonus to live off of. It was the best July ever, all play and no work!

Binging makes me feel guilty, very guilty, makes me grumpy. I'm a mom, I have enough mommy guilt already, I don't need anymore! It makes me feel weak, like I should have better control over my actions than this. I feel crazy when I want to binge, guilty during and after, and then convince myself I'm way fatter than I'm sure I actually am when I have to weigh next, which makes my self esteem suffer. Endless cycle, so sick of it.....gotta stop!
  • Thelxinoe
    Thelxinoe Posts: 32
    No picture, but I think it would be one of the pictures I took on a spontaneous road trip around southeastern Indiana last year. So much freedom :)
  • Imagine a picture of little ol' me in my hiking boots and tie-dye shirt, bandana and all in the middle of my 3 day backpacking trip up in the beautiful superstitions with my school club. One of the happiest times of my young life:) binging WRECKS my mood, wears me out, disappoints me, frustrates me, disgusts me, and kills my self esteem. It can turn a good week into a horrible one in just a few hours... Ahh. 10 days.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    I'm happiest outside...at the playground w my kids, on a walk or run or hike. When I binge I'm completely unhappy. I might start off happy bc I'm enjoying the yummy food. But then I'm out if control. I feel sick and do disappointed in myself. Then I feel guilty in the morning. Then it lingers bc I know binging affects my weight goals. :(
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    I definitely have problems with the binge "hangover". It usually at least ruins my entire next day, feeling guilty and like a failure.