Chicago Full- October 2013- Who wants to run?

Options
polar135
polar135 Posts: 319 Member
Capture-11_zps2e7a7a0d.png

October is going to be 26.2 miles of fun. I am signed up and ready to rock this race as my first full marathon.

I'm ready. (3 Half Marathon in 2012) and this is one of 3 races i will be doing in 2013

Who wants come take the challenge?

I'm fired up and nervous all at the same time. :):)

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    If they ever fix registration! My husband and I were both looking at it. I can't any more but he spent the day trying to register. Sad fail! :(
  • jnsb
    jnsb Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm still trying to decide. I really really really want to do it, but I'm a federal employee and it looks like we're about to be hit with sequestration and furloughs. It will be a hard trip to make on a partial paycheck. Thinking about driving the 856 miles instead of flying to save money. I just checked the site and they're not opening registration again until tomorrow, with 15,000 spots remaining.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm registered for it! I got through in about 30 minutes yesterday despite all the technical difficulties they were having.
  • polar135
    Options
    The Registration is a total fail. everything i have been told about the race says its wonderful to run.

As far as the expense, its very pricey. Sharing a room with a buddy but still the room after parking is $200 a night each.

I am doing way less races their year VS last. (last year i did 8, this year 3) so i am using that extra money for this trip.

either way, i think in the end it will be worth the money.
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Luckily, a friend did the registration for me since I was working, so I avoided all the headaches!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    This race was the most expensive registration I've ever paid! Fortunately it was my birthday yesterday and between my grandparents, parents and in-laws I got enough birthday money to cover my entry fee. I'm running it with 2 (possibly 3, she didn't get in before they suspended registration) friends so we can split the cost of gas to drive there and one of them has a friend with an apartment in Chicago so we can crash there for free. I can't imagine what some people pay to run it between registration, travel (airfare for many) and hotels. Yikes!!!
  • biobreak
    biobreak Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This will be my 7th marathon and the first that I will travel for! I somehow didn't get mired in the registration mess the other day - thank goodness! Really looking forward to it!
  • polar135
    Options
    I'm just excited to be in and have a goal for this fall to work for. I do better with my weight/fitness goals when i have something to train for.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Wife signed up. But, it took her a while haggling with the online registration. $175 ! Yow !
    But, it is a perfect time of year to be in Chicago. I suppose it has been cold at some time, but it is not usually.
    Bonus, our son goes to DePaul University, in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, just north of downtown. Our second son, a senior in high school, wants to go to school in Chicago. So, we might get to see two !
  • Dirtysmama31
    Dirtysmama31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm registered and so excited to be running my 4th Chicago marathon!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    We rely on a federal paycheck as well, so I am wanting to register but I really need to see the financial situation before committing money to the event.

I am also looking at the BCS Marathon in December down by Texas A&M. Ran the half last year and that in one awesomely organized race!