Receipes?

Options
Nmira09
Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
Hola Chicas!

I'm running out of ideas and don't know what else to cook. I find myself cooking the same thing over and over and it gets a little boring!

Do you have any recipes you recommend?

Gracias!

Replies

• Nmira09
    Options
    ps. I totally spelled recipes wrong! haha!!
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't exactly have a recipe, and I was going to look for one online but my job blocks every recipe website! Anyway, I was going to suggest a mustard chicken. I never really liked mustard before but it's grown on me and sometimes when I don't know what to make, i just bake a chicken and mix it with: mustard, a tiny bit of low fat mayo, tomatoes, garlic, and onions. I love that mustard has barely any calories so that's always a good condiment I like to add. I use regular brown mustard but if you want it spicy, go for the spicier varieties.

I've also started experimenting with stir fries. I'll mix rice with tofu and vegetables, but instead of soy sauce, I use olive oil & vinegar.
    Any low fat marinades you guys know to add to rice or chicken, let me know!
  • claudiavasquez72
    claudiavasquez72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Linguine with Shrimp Scampi -

I know your probably thinking pasta! But taking in mind that the protein here is shrimp which is very low in calories (About 12 Shrimp for 100 calories) it makes up for the pasta. Plus a cups worth is MORE than enough. I LOVE this recipe...it is so easy and fast to prepare, maybe 25 mins at the most. This is a MUST try. The butter may seem like a lot but this makes for a family of 3-4 and it is part of the main sauce.

Ingredients
    1 1/2 tsp. Salt (or to taste)
    3/4 pound linguine
    4 tablespoons unsalted butter
    3 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
    1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
    1 pound large shrimp (about 16 shrimp), peeled and deveined
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
    2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice (to taste)
    1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (optional)
    Directions
    Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add salt to the linguine when boiling, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.

Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily! Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.

When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.
  • Kriver3
    Options
    There are great recipes in the cookbook- " Cook yourself Thin!!'- appetizers, dinners, lunch and desserts! It's pretty legit for me...
  • Nmira09
    Options
    I'm getting hungry now! Thank you for sharing ladies!