How to hide your comments on your wall

Options
AnnaPixie
AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
NB PEEPS!!

The Single Peeps is a public forum!!

If you dont want anyone on your Friends List to see your comments/posts you should change your settings to stop it showing up on your feed/wall:

Go to >settings>automatic news feed update settings and uncheck 'I reply to a topic on the message boards' and 'I create a new topic on the message boards'.

If you just want to hide one particular thread once you comment on it, hover over the link >remove

This forum can and does contain mature content!!!

Replies

• flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    As well as immature content. :laugh: *snort* :laugh: :laugh:

Aaaaaaaaah... that was funny.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    As well as immature content. :laugh: *snort* :laugh: :laugh:

Aaaaaaaaah... that was funny.

haha!! :bigsmile:
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Last 2 comments still show on left hand side of profile, from what I can see can't get rid of that.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Last 2 comments still show on left hand side of profile, from what I can see can't get rid of that.

That doesn't show groups for me it just shows the public forums.

This is what my settings look like:

Automatically update my news feed when:
    I become friends with someone: no
    I reply to a topic on the message boards: no
    I create a new topic on the message boards: no
    I create a new blog post: no
    I commented on someone else's news feed update: no
    I wrote on someone else's profile page: no
    I have not logged into MyFitnessPal for an extended period: yes
    I have logged in for several days in a row: yes
    I have lost weight: yes
    I have completed my diary for the day: yes
    I perform a cardio exercise: yes
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    That doesn't show groups for me it just shows the public forums.

Oops yeah you're correct, just me being dumb!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    good to know, thanks!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    NB PEEPS!!

If you dont want anyone on your Friends List to see your comments/posts you should change your settings to stop it showing up on your feed/wall:

Go to >settings>automatic news feed update settings and uncheck 'I reply to a topic on the message boards' and 'I create a new topic on the message boards'.

If you just want to hide one particular thread once you comment on it, hover over the link >remove

hmm I was thinking about this today. can we make it a private forum?

otherwise how do I hide all my posts from being viewed (ya know usually u click the # of posts below someone's name and u can see all their bizniz lol)
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    NB PEEPS!!

otherwise how do I hide all my posts from being viewed (ya know usually u click the # of posts below someone's name and u can see all their bizniz lol)

No, sorry Nola, the forum is public so that anyone can find us and join. If we made it private then we wouldnt get any new members unless we invited people individually.

You can hide all your posts here by following the instructions above!! (in Settings)

Or you can hide an individual post by clicking remove on your wall.
  • nolachick
    Options
    NB PEEPS!!

No, sorry Nola, the forum is public so that anyone can find us and join. If we made it private then we wouldnt get any new members unless we invited people individually.

You can hide all your posts here by following the instructions above!! (in Settings)

Gotcha! new members are important haha.

Maybe you know more about this than I do.... I believe these instructions are for hiding posts from my wall which is good and all, but only my friends have access to my wall anyway so that's not such a big deal. On the other hand, with the single peeps forum is public, anyone can view the posts I make on this thread AND read all my previous posts and this is my concern.

Eg. If you click the # of posts under my name, you can view all the 2726 posts I've ever made on MFP.

nolachick

Joined Sep 2009

clicking on the # of posts below someone's names lets you read all their posts.

do u know how to change those settings? maybe there is a different set of instructions I'm missing.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    NB PEEPS!!

Maybe you know more about this than I do.... I believe these instructions are for hiding posts from my wall which is good and all, but only my friends have access to my wall anyway so that's not such a big deal. On the other hand, with the single peeps forum is public, anyone can view the posts I make on this thread AND read all my previous posts and this is my concern.

Eg. If you click the # of posts under my name, you can view all the 2726 posts I've ever made on MFP.

nolachick

Joined Sep 2009

do u know how to change those settings? maybe there is a different set of instructions I'm missing.

hi nola! i was curious and wanted to test what you said above. I clicked the number and was NOT able to see all your posts. Not sure if you did something in settings since your post but thought maybe you'd like to know that it would appear that your posts are protected from people who arent your "friends". :flowerforyou:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    NB PEEPS!!

nolachick

Joined Sep 2009

hi nola! i was curious and wanted to test what you said above. I clicked the number and was NOT able to see all your posts. Not sure if you did something in settings since your post but thought maybe you'd like to know that it would appear that your posts are protected from people who arent your "friends". :flowerforyou:

Setting your profile to private will hide this. Only your friends can view your recent posts and even then, I think you can hide from your friends as well. Also, if you do ever have a need to delete a certain post / topic, just hit choose the "Report Post" option, message us with the topic(s) and/or post(s) and one of us 3 will take care of it.
  • nolachick
    Options
    thanks guys :flowerforyou: