Are you in a race?

Options
I'm in a diet challenge group. There are pros and cons. The pros: every week I know I'm going to get weighed, there are cash prizes to help motivate me, there is group support and encouragement, education about nutrition and behaviors.

The cons? Well, I feel stressed trying to lose weight to win money. I've won three times now and I'm in my fourth round. The weight loss is slowing down and I am growing tired of hearing the lectures (same ones as last three rounds). Also, in my hurry to see results and win the contest, I forget God's timing. I also get impatient with myself if I make mistakes and lose focus. It does take focus to lose weight. You have to be deliberate about it and plan to exercise and work off the extra pounds.

I think this is my last challenge. I have about 20 more pounds to lose and I know how to do it now. I don't need the added pressure of timelines and contests. Or do I? I know it's a journey and that God has a lot for me to learn on this journey. The most important thing is learning to use food how God intended it to be used, and to turn my heart away from idols and towards Jesus. I think the challenges aren't helping me in that regard. I'm just afraid to stop going to the challenges. Maybe it's the accountability? I just want to finish well. Any thoughts?