Gazelle Glider & Foot Drop

Options
headyo
headyo Posts: 11 Member
I believe I have foot drop; after walking for about 10 minutes, I can no longer lift my right foot and it just sort of drags. I've been very concerned about how I'm going to be able to do cardio several times each week like my trainer demands (no pool nearby). Well, yesterday I dragged my old Gazelle Glider out of moth balls and holy cow! It's perfect for foot drop! I actually just got off of it; I stopped because I was sweaty and finished, not because of my foot. If you're not familiar with the Gliding miracle, users are essentially swinging their feet, not lifting them at all, so it's perfect. I highly recommend that you get one (I'm positive that they're on ebay and craigslist) if you've got foot drop and a need for cardio exercise!

Replies

• unicornlady77
    Options
    thanks for the info!
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My mother in law has one of those - I think she used it twice and nearly killed herself trying to stay on. I guess if you are barely 5 feet tall the stride length is a little intimidating.
  • headyo
    headyo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh, no! I didn't even think of that! I'm 5'11", so that hasn't been a problem for me, but thanks for the warning to others!
  • MzJonzz
    MzJonzz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have an older version called an Airofit and I love mine! I've had it for many years and it's a great tool for no-impact cardio and weight loss. You're right - solves the foot drop issue. I enjoy biking/spinning for the same reason.
  • dasulli
    dasulli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I owned one of those. I guess I should have kept it just for that. But at least I gave it to another MS friend. She will put it to good use since I did not.