New here -- share your favorite Med. diet inspired meal?

Options
CABasile
CABasile Posts: 55 Member
Hi,

I just found this forum and am excited to find others who are using the Med way of eating to lose weight/improve their lives. But it looks like it has been quiet. Wonder if we can start up again?

Thought I would throw out the question: what is your favorite Mediterranean diet inspired meal?

Right now, mine oven grilled veggies, especially eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Drizzled with a bit of olive oil and tossed with Greek seasonings. Yum, yum! I could eat a plate filled with just them, and don't even crave the breads or even the meat!

What is your favorite "go to" meal?

Replies

• grodems
    grodems Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just made the Mediterranean pizza last night and it was delicious and low calorie. I bought the prepackaged whole wheat crust and brushed it with EVOO and then I sprinkled some crushed red pepper, and italian seasoning on the crust and then added crumbled goat cheese and feta cheese, added quartered artichoke hearts and slices of cherry tomatoes. It was good. My kids ate 3 pieces, I filled up after 1 slice of pizza and a spring mix salad with a low fat dressing.