Honey Stinger Products

Options
Has anyone ever tried these? Good/bad?? Have you tried the waffles or just the sport chews

I have tried the Clif shot blocks and can't chew them since I am a mouth breather they just get stuck in my teeth ( or I'm just not coordinated enough to chew and breathe at the same time, which could be the case).:smile: I am currently using the Jelly Belly sport beans, which I can chew ok but they are a little on the sweet side. Looking for something not so sweet.

Replies

• danimal5867
    Options
    I've tried the chocolate waffle stinger once. It is on the dry side, but quite tasty. I did, however, slow to a walk to open and eat it. I think when it comes time to actual race a half marathon where I'll need to refuel on the run, I'll stick to Rev Honey U-tubes. They are little tubes of flavored honey with a screw top. They're the size of a Carmex tube and quite convenient.
  • girlsrun
    Options
    I love all Stinger products! I can't take a lot of gels because of stomach issues but stinger gels are great. I also love the waffles but not for runs. I use them on bike rides. The chews are easier to eat then than the cliff blocks. I think they are softer and dissolve a lot better.
  • LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I think I will stick with the chews, but I may have to try a waffle just to see what it's all about.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I had a waffle on my last long run. I liked the fact that it wasn't overly sugary (I typically use sportbeans.) No problem opening it; I plan to bring one on my marathon in March! Once you get over the picture of Lance Armstrong on the front, it tastes pretty good.
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The chews are okay. The waffles I find too sweet and the gels are revoltingly sweet. Never again.