Intro - 2nd Pregnancy - Due 9/2 :)

Options
Hello, hello everyone!

I have been a member of MFP for almost a year now. I started tracking my weight and exercise last Spring/Summer and lost about 15lbs. My Husband and I started trying for our 2nd baby in September and in December we found out I was pregnant {I am 12wks 5 days now}. Although I am super excited, I am also super nervous about the weight.

With my first pregnancy I gained 80lbs. Yes, that's right... 80lbs! The majority of it came on in my 3rd trimester mainly due to over eating {by a lot!} and eating all the wrong stuff and no physical activity at all. Once my son was born I was able to start shedding the weight and I lost the 80lbs within a year and pretty much maintained that same weight until now {well until I got pregnant lol} which was about 155-165.

This time around, now that I am more conscious of 'weight gain', I am trying to stay within a certain calorie range. Obviously I am not 'dieting' but I don't want to just eat myself 3000 calories a day like the first time, without a care in the world.

This first trimester has been the complete opposite from my first one. I have eaten bad things already, yet at the same time if I eat to much I end up vomiting. I haven't lost any weight, even with the nausea because I can keep some foods down {it's just the over eating that kicks it into high gear}. I have already gained 5lbs but im not stressing. My 'goal' is to stay under 200lbs which will be an accomplishment compared to my first pregnancy. I plan on walking a lot. Before getting pregnant I was doing Turbo Fire 6 days a week but this first trimester has kicked my butt so hard. Between the nausea, the extreme fatigue and the overall lack of energy, it's been hard just to get up and take a simple walk around the block. I am hoping once I head into the 2nd trimester my energy will kick back in so I can start doing something.

With that said, Hope to join you all in our pregnancy journeys and hopefully keeping active in the group {and on MFP} will keep myself in check with weight gain.