Relating to Food

Options
my Cousin, Yi, gave me a Cuisinart Pressure Cooker. I think I am ready to try it, as soon as I figure out how the release valve goes on. Of course I have heard horror stories from the olden days. Also not thrilled that I have to use oil to keep the foaming down. I hope I can rinse the oil off the beans. I have replaced oil and butter in cooking with broth.
thoughts?

I started Sprouting with The Easy Sprouter from, I think, The Sprout House or Sproutman. Next, micro greens! then a Garden of Greens this year. Reading Chef Bittmans book on Greens, (natures vitamin pill) It's great having "living food" in the middle of winter.

I tried bringing bread back into the house in the form of Soy Pitas and Lender Bagels. Oh boy. No Control???? When I left Annie yesterday for the Horse Expo, I hid all the remaining bread bits all over the house, along 2 hard boiled eggs and a chicken wing in the mudroom! LOL. She found everything. AND, no accidents. good girl Annie.

I think I can handle Ezekial Bread because it must be toasted to taste like anything. And without butter or jam or peanut butter , I think I can limit servings.

12 more days until H is back from his Australian bicycling trip. Hmm. Maybe we can put his crackers, cereal, Skippy and bread in a cupboard I won't open? It's really been a great help to have NOTHING that bothers me, ESP when the voice in my head wonders what to eat. A cup of Swiss Miss can usually do the trick. I should throw that out! Chai or English Breakfast tea with stevia and almond milk work just as well. (Note to Self-deep 6 Swiss Ms!)

Do you have challenges like this? How do you handle them?

Replies

• BellehavenfarmDawn
    BellehavenfarmDawn Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Watched a truly fantastic documentary last night, Forks over Knives, on Netflix. Today watched part two, The Interviews. All the information is research based. Many people from MDs to Nutritional PhDs and so forth are involved.

I am JUST SO EXCITED to hear about how they are reversing all types of diseases. I am on board. A bit more tweaking and I will be there. I know I can do it!

F^%{< You Dairy and Beef and Pork and Corn Industries! What a mess we have in the USA.

If you google, some of the participants have printed books too.

I hope you will pass on this info.

Dawn
  • karenk2f
    karenk2f Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When you say F-u to the beef, pork, dairy and corn idustries, does that include all the families in those industries who are working very hard everyday to produce a quality product? I think it is very unfair to make such generalizations because of one side of arguments. Have you ever worked around any of these industries, watched any documentaries from their perspective? I have, as have my family, friends, neighbors and community. We live it. Make sure you look at both sides of the story before slamming something.