Just got back from Disney

Options
colganteam
colganteam Posts: 25 Member
Ok going to Disney World when you are fat is not fun. First of all i hate to fly because of my weight. So my dad and I drove 12 hours to FL. Wasnt bad did get to spend time with my dad. Of course i am always nervous walking through the park because of the turnstiles. Some Disney hasnt updated since the 70s and they are very small. Also i cant ride alot of rides. This has really motivated me to get back on track for my weight loss goals. I need to lose 150 pounds. Two years ago i lost 60 but have slowly gained back 30 of it. Would love to get this group active again! My wife and i plan on going to food and wine and it would be great to ride some rides.

Replies

• _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Getting fit for disney is a common thing. In fact, when the wizarding world of harry potter opened, there was a big movement called, "the three click journey" or a variant of that, whereby people were looking to lose weight in order to be able to ride the new Journey to Hogwarts: the Forbidden Journey ride. :)

Welcome aboard! I am more than willing to talk Disney any time and support you through your journey! Best end goal reward? Riding everything you want to in Disney!
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Ok going to Disney World when you are fat is not fun. First of all i hate to fly because of my weight. So my dad and I drove 12 hours to FL. Wasnt bad did get to spend time with my dad. Of course i am always nervous walking through the park because of the turnstiles. Some Disney hasnt updated since the 70s and they are very small. Also i cant ride alot of rides. This has really motivated me to get back on track for my weight loss goals. I need to lose 150 pounds. Two years ago i lost 60 but have slowly gained back 30 of it. Would love to get this group active again! My wife and i plan on going to food and wine and it would be great to ride some rides.

I agree. It isn't fun when you're overweight. I get tired so easily walking around and have to take many breaks. It sucks! I also hate having to squeeze onto some ride seats. I'm trying to plan a trip at the end of this year and I'd like to lose at least 40 pounds before I go. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Disney2012
    Disney2012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My Disney trips are a great motivation for me to continue with my walking program and healthy eating. I do find myself "pigging" out when I get there because the food is so good, but with all the walking I do once I'm there, I break even! Good luck and keep up the good work!