D​i​g​i​f​i​t​, F​i​t​b​i​t a​n​d M​F​P

Does anyone link all three of these? if so, how do you do it? I currently have Fitbit and Digifit linked and it works great. Just not sure how to add MFP to the mix and not duplicate everything.

I have the Aria scale to.

I currently have all my food logged in fitbit- I would imagine that going forward I would do this in MFP but I would like all of the past history to sync.

Replies

• jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Yep, I've used that setup, Aria included.

Link Digifit <-> Fitbit <-> MFP. As long as it's a serial connection, you shouldn't get duplicates.:

And yeah... MFP's better for the diet journal than Fitbit. Once you've got it linked up, the meal totals will sync back to Fitbit, but I don't really use that piece too much.

You might also want to tweak your fitness profiles on MFP and Fitbit so that they match. I've got a custom calorie target set the same in both places, and I set myself to Sedentary here on MFP. Then I let the Fitbit calorie adjustment give me extra calories if I'm more than sedentary.
  • mountainfold
    mountainfold Posts: 1 Member
    Would

MFP <-> Digifit <-> Fitbit

work too? This makes Digifit the "hub" but it is still a serial connection.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Would

MFP <-> Digifit <-> Fitbit

work too? This makes Digifit the "hub" but it is still a serial connection.

It should, as long as you're not entering any single piece of data into more than one place. It's been a while since I've looked at the particulars of the syncs, so I can't guarantee the metrics you want will be shared between services on either end of the chain and/or make it through to the other end of the chain. You shouldn't get dupes though.