sore after every time i lift - normal?

Options
I'm about 2 months into Stronglifts. Everything has been moving along pretty well.I'm upping my weights with each workout. This is the first time I have ever lifted heavy weights in my life though, and I am pretty dang sore after each workout. Usually doesn't hit me until I wake up the next day. Should I be sore like this every time? And just to clarify, its not PAIN I'm feeling from injury or anything, but just muscle soreness.

Replies

• mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    now i'm worried that i'm doing something wrong...cause i'm like never sore from stronglifts?!
    I just get that feeling in your muscles, that they're been worked, but not really soreness?
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Some folks get DOMS and some don't....I never really experienced it (not with stronglifts or 5/3/1) apart from one time where I was still new to the gym last April and worked my legs like a beast and could not sit or stand from sitting properly for days. : )
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I wonder why this happens to me! I'm very active in my daily life and this is getting in the way LOL
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    when i first started, I hada lot of soreness. increasing my protein (it had been pretty low) and adding potassium helped. Do you like coconut water? Try adding a cup of coconut water to your day (doesn't need to be immediately after working out, but I usually had a cup when I got home from the gym.)
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Stretch well after workout and increase potassium and magnesium
    . I used to get very sore every time. Now i have banana on every lifting day. It helps a lot.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I will try those suggestions - thank you! :D