How does that Pina Colada song go again? Rain... 2/25

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/fresh-pineapple-recipe/?e=IEUzVddE

If you live where it is cold this may be a welcome change! A feeling of the warm sun and the tropic winds blowing through your hair! LOL! Eat some pineapple! I love the stuff and once I had fresh very hard for me to eat the canned although nothing is wrong with it at all. Just taste different to me.
Make a fruit salad. Add yogurt and sprinkle toasted coconut for dessert. Add to a stirfry. You can even grill or broil!! Oh and smoothie with a banana is KING! So get your pineapple on...

I may go past 7-Eleven on the way home and get a can! Ha!

Peace and Eats!
WW

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Couldn't pick another fruit huh.... like strawberries which are in season here in Florida. I am one of those odd people that doesn't like pineapple... don't know what happened, used to eat it all the time (I can remember my Mom putting cottage cheese on pineapple for us at supper time) but now yuck!
    Ah well, I will stick with my beloved strawberries that I get from the farmer's marked (fresh picked from the fields that day!)
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Eat Thai. You'll be hard pressed to find a Thai meal that doesn't involve coconut milk.

Also, Jimmy Buffet tickets just went on sale for his June 13th show in Virginia Beach. Freakin' $100 for LAWN tickets, not even seats, just the lawn. Guess I won't be going to that this year.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Pineapple is delicious. My youngest son loves it. Perhaps I will pick some up today. It is difficult to cut. Pray I do not miss and slice my digits.
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    Pineapple is delicious. My youngest son loves it. Perhaps I will pick some up today. It is difficult to cut. Pray I do not miss and slice my digits.

1. Knuckles under
    2. keep a flat edge so it doesn't roll
    3. use a sharp knife

http://www.ehow.com/video_12253394_avoid-cutting-fingers-cooking.html

(Stupid MFP doesn't use full BBCode. I can't do embedded links...nrrrnnngnnngnngrnnrnrng.....)
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Eat Thai. You'll be hard pressed to find a Thai meal that doesn't involve coconut milk.

Also, Jimmy Buffet tickets just went on sale for his June 13th show in Virginia Beach. Freakin' $100 for LAWN tickets, not even seats, just the lawn. Guess I won't be going to that this year.

He sing the Pina Colada song? And I know he is a legend but goodness gracious that is a lot! Whew! You Tube!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    1. Knuckles under
    2. keep a flat edge so it doesn't roll
    3. use a sharp knife

http://www.ehow.com/video_12253394_avoid-cutting-fingers-cooking.html

Loved the little video! Great cooking lessons for us all! YOU like pineapple?
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    Yes, I like pineapple. Its difficult to find a food I don't like. I don't have any in the house at the moment...would pineapple rum count?
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JSN66614
    Options
    oh god if only we had some pineapple THAT SOUNDS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD lol
  • Lgreen0816
    Lgreen0816 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm brand new to this forum and fairly new to MFP but I love a challenge. I had pineapple packed in my lunch before I ever saw today's challenge. Also had pineapple coconut yogurt for my morning snack. Hope everyone is having a great day!!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    http://gourmetfood.about.com/od/cookingtechniques/ss/cutpineapple.htm

I agree. Once you get fresh, there's not much that beats it. This is a way I cut pineapple (saw it on Food Network years ago). No hard part from the middle...fast and simple.
  • garlic7girl
    Options

That is how I was taught to cut up a pineapple!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Okay elated am I!!!!! I forgot when I went to see my bffs this weekend the fruit tray was leftover so the host gave to me bc she does not like melons....buuuuut it had pineapple left over! YAAAAY! SO I ate some! yummo!
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Challenge completed! I had some frozen pineapple in my fridge so I made a smoothie with soy milk and protein powder. It was good but I think I'll try adding some other fruits to go with it next time.
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    I am a Pineapple FANATIC!! LOVE IT!

For those that are as obsessed with it as I am I believe it's Pampered Chef sells a Pineapple Slicer...its like their apple slicer but bigger.

I love the entire idea of pineapple and yogurt and all that MINUS the coconut. YUCK :sick: I can not STAND coconut, it smells good but tastes nasty!

But now that you have said Pineapple I want some!!
  • diva_kate
    diva_kate Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I wasn't feeling the pineapple so I bought some fresh mangoes instead. YUM!

I'm loving this group, btw.
  • diva_kate
    diva_kate Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    One question: how do you get your ticker to show at the bottom of your posts?
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    Community --> Settings --> Show your MyFitnessPal ticker below each of your forum posts

Just click the checkbox.

You can edit your ticker at:
    My Home --> Profile --> Personalize your ticker
    (Found about midway down on the right)
    Direct link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/create
  • Jessica15white
    Options
    OH man I am all over this one!
    I have a bowl of honeydew, cantelope, and pineapple everyday for lunch.
    Is that bad? =/
  • ajrich1
    ajrich1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pineapple!!! haven't had any in a while so that is on my shopping list.
    Had fresh when I visted Hawaii and OMG it was amazing!!! But I sill like the can stuff too.
    This is a challenge I can sink my teeth into...lol