Cycling & Polar CS300 HRM

Options
SeasideOasis
SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
Where are all my cyclists at?:love:

I have loved my FT7 for the last couple of years. I think the poor guy has seen his final days though, so time for a new HRM. Spring is not too far away, and since my boyfriend is already conditioned (crazy azz has been biking...IN SNOW to the gym :indifferent: :noway: ), I have a lot of miles to put on my bicycle to "catch up".

Additionally, I am riding Bike MS Pedal to the Point again this year! I am challenging myself with 100 miles on Day 1 (instead of the 75) and 75 miles on Day 2!

I am thinking about upgrading to the CS300 Polar HRM, and eventually, also getting the clips for the bike wheels that help better judge speed and cadences.

Has anyone has any experience with any of these products? I don't mind dropping some cash on it, but would like opinions of fellow cyclers.

(Can also be found in the main forum, but things get lost there like a boss...Yep, like a boss.:bigsmile: )

Replies

• cyclist_44060
    cyclist_44060 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have not used either of products you are talking about. I have a wireless cyclocomputer. I previously had one that measured cadence, but after a year with that I found that with was too much information for me. Maybe if I was more serious it would have been helpful information, but I guess I am not to that point yet.

Good luck with the PTP this year, doing 100 miles in a day is certainly an accomplishment. Like you I am waiting for the weather to break around here so I can get out.

Cheers!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    I used to use a Polar CS200CAD - pretty much a dedicated bike specific variant of the CS300 (albeit a slightly older model iirc) It was pretty damned reliable, probably more accurate in it's logging of calories than either the Garmin 705 or the (non NewLeafed) 800 that have succeeded it. Frankly, if polar had come up with a version of the CS200 that had been GPS enabled, I'd never have abandoned them. That said, losing gps ride recording and ANT+ recording of power stats would feel like returning to the dark ages for me now.

If I was seriously considering dropping the kind of money involved in a CS300 and the cadence/speed sensors, frankly i'd think very seriously about buying a Garmin Edge 500 instead.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely look into that! Thank you for the recommendation!