Sassy summer outfits...a little motivation!

Options
CC72MN
CC72MN Posts: 12 Member
Living in Minnesota, I hide my skin and extra lbs beneath layers of bulky clothes. But the thaw is beginning....it reached 30 degrees this week! Woohoo! So.....I've been thinking about what I'm going to wear *confidently* when it IS time to expose some skin.

One thing I always avoid is sleeveless tops due to self-consiousness of my big flappy upper arms (thanks MOM and Grandma for passing that lovely trait along in the gene pool) ....and I pretty much wear black on my bottom half everyday - as if it creates some sort of optical illusion that my butt really isn't as big as it is. LOL!

So what I'm looking forward to wearing this summer when I lose 20lbs is a sassy summer strappy dress that ISN'T black. Add some cute shoes and accessories and I will be feeling good and looking good! :-)

And so, when I don't feel like working out, or when I want to grab a second helping of something not-so-healthy, I'm going to picture myself in that dress and think how good I will feel.

What are YOU going to think about to motivate you in the coming weeks?? Please share!!

Replies

• todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am easy to please ....I could buy a burlap bag to wear and as long as it's a smaller size than the last one I bought I WIll Rock That Bag! Ha ha ha ha..........however every year our whole daycare and extended families make a pilgrimage to a local beach for the day. We swim. Play in the sand we just have fun.....it's our best day we plan all year long.....well the kids decided the other day that this year we are going twice! So that's my motivation gotta buy new suit again this year cuz my goal is last year's will be too big! :wink:
  • CC72MN
    Options
    And you will ROCK that swimsuit!!:happy:
  • TheBoev
    TheBoev Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A swimsuit that DOES NOT look frumpy or make me look like a whale that should be harpooned :) When I get to summer, I should be close to 25lbs gone so a new, cute suit is on my list! I will ceremoniously BURN last years!
  • CC72MN
    Options
    Ahhh....won't that be lovely!!

Personally, I've always worn the tankini with the skirted bottom to cover up the junk in the trunk. Thank god for that trend.

A new swimsuit will most definitely be in order for your cute little self!! Keep it up!
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've already purchased 2 wrap dresses! I haven't worn in a dress in, well, about 10 years! Seriously! Both the dresses I bought are really thin material and show every bump, lump and otherwise "extra". I WILL rock those dresses as soon as the weather warms up!
  • CC72MN
    Options
    You will be turnin' heads in your new dresses!!
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I wore a knee length dress last summer which was a massive step for me - hoping to wear some clingy mini dresses this year if insanity does what it promises;) Also seriously hoping I might get to buy my first ever 2 piece swimsuit this year - at 40 years old it's probably not going to be anybody's dream vision, but hopefully won't be a nightmare vision either.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    We all need to post pics in a couple months showing off our New bodies/purchases. :)
  • CC72MN
    Options
    That's a great goal! You can do it!! Just keep it up!
  • CC72MN
    Options
    Great idea!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My bikini keeps me motivated. I want to know that I feel good about myself when I am on the beach, not embarrassed to take off my cover up.
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Living in Minnesota, I hide my skin and extra lbs beneath layers of bulky clothes. But the thaw is beginning....it reached 30 degrees this week! Woohoo! So.....I've been thinking about what I'm going to wear *confidently* when it IS time to expose some skin.

I can identify with this. Living in Ontario, Canada, layers are what I, too, wear through the winter. I always seem to be able to keep the extra pounds off until February. that month is the worst. My energy is at an all time low and the comfort food calls leaving me with 10-15 lb to eliminate before bathing suit season starts.
    One thing I always avoid is sleeveless tops due to self-consiousness of my big flappy upper arms (thanks MOM and Grandma for passing that lovely trait along in the gene pool) ...

Doing Insanity allowed me for the first time in my lif3e to tone my flabby arms
    .and I pretty much wear black on my bottom half everyday - as if it creates some sort of optical illusion that my butt really isn't as big as it is. LOL!

same

I am looking forward to getting back into the shorts and sundress that fit last summer but are just a bit too tight right now. 10-15 lbs should do the job.