Want more Crossfit friends

Options
13»

Replies

• ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I sent requests to a bunch of people today and everyone was cool enough to accept. Obviously the fact that I am totally rad doesn't hurt... :love:
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm going to throw this out there, and hopefully people won't think I'm being a ****.

If you are new to Crossfit and our group and want some MFP friends who do Crossfit, the burden should not be on us to add you.

YOU should be proactive, take a look at this thread/discussion group and add some folks whose posts you enjoy.

Almost none of us are going to decline the request, although you might get deleted later on if you aren't active on the site or aren't doing CF any more.

Yeah, that wouldn't make me feel terribly welcome if I were new. Just saying. It's hard when you show up to a new group of people - not everyone IS friendly or DOES want requests.

For those new folks I did not mean it that way. As I said before I'll accept anyone who is active on MFP and has some interests in common with me. But I'm probably not going to read this thread enough to reach out to you and add you if you ask.

In my mind the burden is on you to be proactive and say "I want CF friends"

But that's just me :)
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Anyone new can add me... I'm 83 days into CF! Never looking back!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Just started CF...today! Well, technically Saturday, but as I found out this morning, the intro class was nothing compared to the regular WOD. It nearly killed me. In a good way.

Now I just have to figure out how to work CF into the rest of my workout schedule. I'm sending out FRs to the people on this thread, and feel free to add me too, if you like. I eat paleo (but also fairly new to that--just 6 weeks in), I'm somewhat active on MFP, and I'm not a jerk.

Amanda
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just finished the Intro and would love some CF friends to share experiences with.