TDEE. Anyone working at -20%?

Options
mimiyo1980
mimiyo1980 Posts: 37 Member
Hi UK people,

Just wondering if anyone is using the TDEE calculation to work out their recommended calorie intake? I am in the process of upping calories as I have stalled for a couple of weeks and wondered if there were any other UK folk with experience of this.

Replies

• TaniaB_79
    TaniaB_79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm not but I have crunched my numbers, my TDEE-20% is about 1800 cals which is pretty much what I eat now will 150-200 calorie burn each day, once I reach my initial goal I'll crunch them again, look at my body fat % and probably set my calories to this and stop logging or at least eating back my exercise calories, as I will have counted them in my TDEE
  • mimiyo1980
    Options
    Thanks - i think the bottom line is 1200 net calories isn't enough...for me!
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I do, it helped me break a serious plateau. Im down to about 12% bf now from 19% when i started doing it.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 2 months and the first month I lost 4lbs (ish) and 4.5", so I thought, ok this is working, in the second month (I will know for sure on Friday my numbers), but my weight has been continuously going up and down and I don't feel like I've lost inches, but time will tell.

People keep saying that my numbers are right so I'm trying to stick with it but it's hard when the scale doesn't budge.

I'm, 5ft 8, 203lbs (as of this morning, damn!) and my TDEE is 1991, so daily calorie recommendation is 1592, but I eat around 1700, with exercise it balances out to around 1500 a day over the week. My BMR is 1562, so I'm guessing I'm aiming for the right numbers??

x
  • mimiyo1980
    Options
    From what I understand you shouldn't eat under your BMR (this is what you would need in a coma, the thought that I am eating less than my body requires (my BMR is 1440 and calorie goal is 1200) to function my organs is kinda of grossing me out right now, i mean, do i want to be a slim bride to the point that I would jeopardise the functionality of my liver, heart, brain???)...maybe up cals slightly? As long as you are under 1991 you will lose. I really am no expert tho!