March's Miles Challenge

Options
Great work in February everyone :drinker:

Time for a new month and new challenges.

As the weather generally gets better in March I am going to aim for 70 miles.

Replies

• glenncomiskey
    glenncomiskey Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    New month, new challenge. For March I'm going to aim to cycle 643.8km/400.0mi.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, Aletha & Glenn.

My March goal: 372 miles (12 mile daily average).
  • krim12
    krim12 Posts: 102
    Options
    'My goal for this month is once again 50 miles. ITs a lot harder to get the miles in with 4 kids and working 60 hours a week. Hope it slows down around here and I can make my goal this month.
  • SGRHO23
    SGRHO23 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I need work. February was not a great month for me.My goal is 100 miles.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Welllllllll, SGHR023, February and March (and maybe April-June) aren't the best for me either!

I whined last month about what thought was a "torn ligament". Well, today I went to the podiatrist. I actually broke my foot! (Like a moron, I was hobbling on it for weeks.) It is healing but there is a bone separation that make cause problems. Therefore, I have surgery scheduled next month if it doesn't heal in a boot satisfactorily in the next 2 weeks. Then it is 3 months additional healing time.

I can still cycle on my stationary bike and the doctor is aware. I'm revising my goal downward from 372 (12 miles per day) to 217 (7 miles per day) because the strap on the pedal is too small to stabilize the boot. Fortunately, I'm ahead so I'll probably just do 6 miles each day.

Sorry for the whining again. Yes, I am in idiot.
  • glenncomiskey
    glenncomiskey Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear LadyB. Hope things do heal, save having to go through the trauma of surgery.

Glad to hear you're still planning on claiming some miles everyday, even if you've sensibly decided to lower your target this month. I think some form of regular exercise will help you recovery as I believe our bodies respond better when stimulated by exercise - though be careful not to over do things.

All the best.