Introduction of sorts...

Options
Ryanmariem
Ryanmariem Posts: 46 Member
Hi there my name is Ryan and I do not have Hashimoto's but I do have type 2 Hypothyroidism. It is also my understanding that not all hypothyroidism is Hashimoto's, based on what I have read and what my Dr. has told me. In any case all thyroid problems can cause some serious issues w/you health and overall well being and your weight (skinny & fat). I finally got a diagnoses this last January after struggle for two years. I have done a lot of reading on thyroid problems in general and though I am not an expert I think I am starting to understand how it works. Some of the books I have found that has helped me are Mary Shomons Thyroid Solution and Thyroid Diet, also The Calcium Lie by Dr. Robert Thompson and The Blood Sugar Solution by Dr. Mark Hyman.

From what I have discovered w/any hormone disorder it really goes back to diet and excercise... yes sometimes we need medication to go along w/that. But if we have a pretty clean diet along w/excercise and supplements the medications can be minimized.

That is what I am working on, trying to get a cleaner diet.. I don't like medications don't even like taking a tylenol for a headache... I have always been more into a naturopathic/homeopathic solution... I like the idea of Functional Medicine and so far what I have read it makes a lot more sense to me.

The few changes I have made have already help a lot and right now I do need to be on some thryroid medicine, I opted for a natural pill so am on a low dose of Armour... and I can already feeling the energy comming back and have been able to add more excercise to my life.

I was so larthargic it was hard to just get up out of bed it was like my mind wanted to but I was trapped in some foreign body it was a struggle. I will however note that I also have chronic fatigue syndrome, fibro, pcos, & hypoglycemic, along with my hypothyroidism. The thing that these all have in common... are hormones...my hormones are just off peroid and now it is time to try and get them back in order.

Replies

• fitcounselor
    fitcounselor Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the ball rolling. I started the group because I know others can benefit (including me). I don't have the answers. I just want a place where we can share! Thank you sharing your story!
  • Ryanmariem
    Ryanmariem Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting the group, it will be nice to have others to share... I certiantly know I don't have all the answers either. =)
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hoping to learn a lot from you ladies! I'm new to this game. Seems like there are so many details to try to figure out!
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I found out I had Thyroid problems about two months ago and already I have so much more energy since starting a low dose of something. Good luck on your health journey! :)