My WoW guild is recruiting raiders :] (plus some fan art!)

Options
pocketmole
pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
I'm not sure if most people are casual players or pvpers, but I am an officer in a 10-man horde guild and we want to recruit a couple of players for our raiding roster. I've been meaning to hit up the realm forums but then I thought I would check here first, since I already have something in common with most of you. :D

Just to give you an idea of what we are like - we've been around since vanilla and tend to thrive with solid players that fit in well socially. Most of us are 25-35 years old and take playing our classes well pretty seriously, but we only raid two days a week so we're not super hardcore. We've downed 6 heroic fights so far and are working on heroic Will at the moment. We are a pretty small guild these days, but we still have casual players that play on non-raid nights and plenty of our raiders have alts that they play regularly. Overall it's not an incredibly high activity guild outside of raiding, but it's not dead either - it's pretty laid back. When we raid, while we have a raid leader that keeps us organized we value player input and discuss things on Mumble openly. Being so small we feel like it's everyone's guild and that no one person needs to maintain total control over it.

As for what we are looking for, we like people that know what they are doing without being jerks about it. It's the typical stuff you'd expect from heroic raiding I guess. Pull good numbers, don't stand in the fire, be able to grasp fight mechanics, etc. I think that most importantly we want someone that's mature, fun, loyal, and genuinely enjoys raiding still. Ideally we want a mage and a dps warrior, but we are open to other classes if the personality and skill level are a good fit. :)

I just finished an hour of boot camp before writing this so I'm a little braindead, haha, but if anyone feels like talking to me in more detail about it you can friend me. Hell if you don't care about raiding and just want to talk about doing squats and eating healthy you can add me too. :) My battletag is pocketmole#1600.

And because pictures are cool, here is some WoW fanart I did a while back. These are supposed to be for the guild website redesign that I've been putting off forever... but one of these days...

hordeportraits.jpg

Replies

• Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Which realm?
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Skullcrusher (US). The guild is Ludicrous Speed. I was going to post the website but I need to update the front page.
  • spy6875
    spy6875 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    great art, this post makes me wish I still played WoW, but even if I did you would have no use for a protty NE warrior. Although I did have a thunderfury. good luck hope you get some raiders.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ahhh we were looking for a new server but I think we are just going to quit playing for a while rather than put in the server change money.
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am already in a raiding guild, though I am on break atm. Course, it sucks for me because I am the only American in the guild that lives in America, so while our raid times are night for everyone...for me it is 4am....-_- (Khaz'goroth, Oceanic US - Aussie server)

Anyway....

LOVE that art!! You make me really want to start drawing again. I hope after losing some weight my hand will strengthen up some and I will be able to draw again. I really miss it. :(

Oh...and even though I play Alliance right now, totally a Hordie <3

ETA: I am going to send a battletag request to you. Mine is Eiskalt87#1973
  • Chrysy87
    Chrysy87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Oh man I wish you were Ally! I have a mage I'm trying to find a raid group for atm. She's all geared and ready to go too. :(

I do have a shammy horde side that isn't tied to anything though...but I would need to gear her up.
  • pocketmole
    Options
    No chance you'd want to swap to horde I guess, Chrysy? ;D
  • Chrysy87
    Options
    I may be persuaded. I'm pretty depserate to raid. Lets talk in game? my realid is chrysy87@hotmail.com. I'm usuall online around 7 or 8 Mountain Time
  • Chrysy87
    Options
    Oh also...my toon is Maerianna on Aerie Peak if you were interested. I'm currently spec'd fire but could go arcane with a day or so to get reaquinted with it (was arcane up until Panda) I have the gear I could get running Raid Finder everyweek (the loot boss has not been kind) as well as working on the rep grinds for gear, overall ilevel is 481 I believe.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    HEY!!! MY guild is recruiting too!!!

Totally poaching everyone from your guild! You, included! :)

Good luck on the recruitment! :)
  • Chrysy87
    Options
    What server are you on? Also horde or ally?
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    awesome fan art. alliance for life though! ;)
  • pocketmole
    Options
    My guild is on Skullcrusher. We're Ludicrous Speed, a Horde guild. We're working on Tortos in the new raid now. (I got rank 78 on World of Logs for Council of Elders - aww yiss!)
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Thought I would share another piece of my fan art for you alliance people. This is actually a portrait I did of Sylvanas for a Blizzard art contest when I first got into WoW. At the time I didn't know much about how an undead looks so I think she looks much more like a night elf, haha.

Sylvanas___Past_by_jezebel.jpg
  • Aquarii
    Aquarii Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thought I would share another piece of my fan art for you alliance people. This is actually a portrait I did of Sylvanas for a Blizzard art contest when I first got into WoW. At the time I didn't know much about how an undead looks so I think she looks much more like a night elf, haha.

Sylvanas___Past_by_jezebel.jpg

omg. I've had this saved for a longgg time. Had no idea this was by you. Awesome job!

Edit: Yup, just checked my saved pictures, and I've had it saved since September of 2006. Wow, lol. Definitely one of my favorites.