Mental Block

Options
TheBoev
TheBoev Posts: 58 Member
I have readjusted my goals to include eating more. I had been around 1308 calories while working out burning 400+ during circuit classes. When I finally stalled and couldn't figure out why, I began to plug things in here and run reports. I wasn't getting the "net calories" thing until I saw it on paper. I was most days below 1,000. No wonder my thinking was cloudy and I was hangry most of the day! LOL
So, After a stomach virus last week (boo) I have been trying to get up into the 1800 range. Why is it I didn't have an issue eating when I wasn't trying to lose weight but now I feel great remorse at eating that many calories.
I have to talk and talk to myself.
Why do we do that?
So, I weighed in .5 more than last week (last week was unfair due to the virus I'm sure). But I'm so nervous about eating. For crying out loud, that sounds rather crazy, doesn't it? I know it sounds ridiculous when I type it, but during the day I have to force myself to eat healthy, good for me calories.
I know I have to have patience with the change in diet, but how long before my mind catches up? I hate the constant bickering I'm doing with myself, it's almost as bad as my daughter and son! HA!
Maybe it will change when I see results.

Replies

• todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good luck and hang in there....your right you need probably a week to readjust after the virus.....post your progress if you don't mind...I am looking for info and advice regarding the same issue the fine line of eating not too little and not to much.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Like you, I'm still working on finding that area where I eat enough to remain healthy but not enough to regain the weight. Right now, I'm concentrating on maintaining, but it's just as hard as losing. Hang in there! :smile:
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound crazy at all. When tracking every calorie you eat it's human nature to be nervous about watching it. We need to eat to loose weight. I've been having this exact same discussion with my husband this week. When we don't eat enough our bodies go into "I'm hanging on to what I got cause she ain't feeding me what I need" mode. LOL! I agree that your illness probably threw you off last week and it will take some time to get back in the swing of things. 1300 is not enough as a daily goal. While you might have days you hit 1300 (your a busy mom, not very hungry that day....) That isn't enough to sustain you for long term weeks on end. Just contiue to make good food choices, watch your macros (meaning spend more time looking at the page that lists all the cals, fat, protein, vitamins...than you do looking at the page that only displays your food log and calories) and continue with your exercise routine. You will find going to the gym is much more fun when you are properly fed and have lots of energy :)

There are lots of threads on here to talking about food. I've gotten LOTS of ideas from them. I've completely changed my (and my family's) eating just from reading on here and trying new recipes.