Foodie

Options
Hello. My name is Mariah. I am a foodie with a capitol F. I love trying new foods and experimenting with different flavors. This love of exploring all the wonderful food out there has left me oversight and sluggish. I am a single mother of a 5 week old and am really trying to turn this around without having to give up my love of eating and trying new things.

If anyone is in the same food loving boat with me, or has any wise words please do add me and share!

Thank you!

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what a Foodie is exaclty-- it seems a new term that I've only recently heard in the last few months... I can tell you that I really like to eat food, especially high calore high fat really rich food :) and when I start, I tend to binge heavily on it...

Welcome to the group!
  • rjneeley
    rjneeley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am a foodie! But I'm on my phone so I'll post later when I don't have to hunt and peck :)
  • tb221
    tb221 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a total foodie as well! After eating a lot healthier the last two months I've learned a lot. You can take your love for food and apply it to the healthy food too. I now eat quinoa, kale, edamame, sunflower seeds, and all kinds of beans (there are SO many ways to prepare these and they're really good for you!) on a regular basis. If you like to cook you can look up recipes online for all these new foods. I've learned how to make split pea soup, kale chips, and full on veggie spaghetti using spaghetti squash instead of noodles.

~And cooking it yourself you know exactly what's in it, plus there's a sense of accomplishment when you make something delicious and good for you! :)