Diapers

Options
MrsCarter00
MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
We've been discussing diapers lately so I thought I'd share..

Since I'm such an Amazon junkie I signed up for Amazon Prime and am now getting a case of Luvs diapers (size 2, 228ct) delivered to my house once a month for $26.99. It's a whopping $9 cheaper than Babies R Us for the same size, same count.

Amazon Prime is free for the first 30 days and it's $80 a year..If you buy from Amazon like I do It's a great deal because shipping costs can get pretty pricey..

Also, it saves me from having to go to the nearest Babies R Us which is a good 30 minutes+ from my house so I save money on diapers and gas...score! :)

Replies

• lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's awesome you found a way to cut costs & I LOVE Amazon Prime (I think I should be promoted to a "Gold" member based on how much I order from them!).

I have a 9 month old and we've used cloth diapers with him since he was born. All said and done, you can get a whole stash of diapers for less than $200. It really only adds a few extra laundry loads per week and I couldn't be happier with them. I know it's not for everyone, but just wanted to share something that's been successful for us! :-)
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    I personally use Target's brand Up & Up. I get a case of Size 2 (160 count) for $18.99. I always print a $1 off coupon and they are regularly $19.99. I have used Pampers, Huggies, and Luvs and the Target ones (to me) are better than any of the premium ones. I just had a good friend recently start using the Up & Up and she loves them to.

They are my favorite because they aren't bulky but yet they hold a lot. :bigsmile:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I live in England and both my kids use Huggies or Pampers.
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    You can get whatever diapers you prefer! I was just using Luvs as an example because that's what we use :)

Lisa, that's hilarious! I wish I would've signed up a long time ago, I'd have saved a bunch of dough! Lol
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I love Luvs!!!! Hubby is an Amazon junkie have to tell him about it. We haven't bought diapers yet still trying to get through all the diapers we were given. That crazy diaper cake must have had 400 diapers it seems like.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I want Amazon Prime!

They are just bringing it to Canada, but you don't get the same perks. It still costs $80 per year but you have to use the amazon.ca site, which has waaaaaay less products and often costs more than amazon.com. You also don't get access to Amazon Video or the Kindle library. Boooourns!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Amazon Prime = amazing!!!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Ah Laura that's a bummer!

Liz, totally agree :)
  • DiannaDC
    DiannaDC Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If I ordered the diapers on Amazon and got the subscription how do I change the size for the subscription when she moves up in diaper sizes?
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    If I ordered the diapers on Amazon and got the subscription how do I change the size for the subscription when she moves up in diaper sizes?

I'm assuming you'll have to cancel the subscription and re subscribe to the next size up. I haven't checked it all out yet :)