Nearly didn't do 30DS....

I've had a sincerely cr@ppy day... hubby was told at lunchtime that he was being made redundant and he was made redundant from his last job just 6 months ago. I felt so upset and just wanted to cave to chocolate (which I can't have coz it makes me sick, go figure...) and a McDonalds and tell Jillian Michaels to screw herself and have a pity party.

But I figured that I can't control the decisions other people can make, but I can take control over the decisions I make. I could indulge and sit on the sofa and cry, and that would temporarily help things but afterwards I know that the massive guilt I would feel would make me want to jack the whole lifestyle change in and I need to remember why I started this change in the first place.

So I had a hot lunch and a nap (because I believe that having something hot in your belly and a kip help EVERYTHING! lol!) and then got up and did 30DS (I am on Day 5) and I feel much better for it. I'm just quite thrilled that I DIDN'T throw in the towel even though I really, really, really wanted to. I'm definitely going to complete 30DS this time - and so will all of you too!!!! We can do this!!!!!

Replies

• Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    That is awesome! Way to triumph through a hurdle. It's so easy to slip and get off track but it takes will power to resist and pus through. Your post made me motivated to workout tonight. Great job!
  • Neria1235
    Neria1235 Posts: 23
    I'm so sorry for you and your husband! Good job on pushing past the lack of motivation though! I hope the loss of his job just opens the door for something better though!