Silver Linings Playbook

Options
daybyday
daybyday Posts: 537 Member
I saw Silver Linings Playbook today and I was THE ONLY ONE in the theater!! Anyway, I enjoyed the movie and thought the writers did a good job working some of the different symptoms of mental illness into the movie and I thought the actors did a great job portraying the characters. Also good to see the people without a "diagnosis" displaying questionable unstable actions. Being bipolar myself, the flashbacks that triggered Pat's outrages rang true to form. My favorite part was how Pat's mom was always offering her crabby snacks and homemades. Reminded me of my mom (God rest her soul) bringing me comfort food.

What did you think of the movie??

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I have not seen it but am always on the lookout for movies I can relate to. I'll have to check this out - thanks!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    It's incredible. And I knew every single one of the medications they listed.

I think I might be Tiffany.
  • Bookworm_Chris
    Bookworm_Chris Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Loved the movie. I too had a good laugh at the medication discussion scenes. Those always crack me up. Thinking to myself that I've either at one point or another in my treatment tried them personally or heard about them.