SOS: Shout out Sundays 3/3/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Okay guys what have we learned! What was good, bad or ugly or a WOOOO HOOOO moment?? Maybe you had a revelation.

Let us all share w/o judgement but share to learn from each other!

Peace and hugs,
WW

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I gained ten.....

........coats and sweaters while going through my closet. More stuff fits! YAY!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/558506-12-tips-from-real-people-who-succeeded-at-losing-weight/?utm_source=articlebottom&utm_medium=1#slide-4

Read this...it really spoke to me I guess because of my mind set! #-Ps...I rush sometimes and recently realized again that you gotta do this for life so consistency and persistence...even with screw-ups!

Now when it mentioned 'pretend' to be someone else...I think we all know Who that is for me!!!!!!!!! :tongue:
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Yesterday I gained ten.....

........coats and sweaters while going through my closet. More stuff fits! YAY!

I hate how you dupe me every time!!!!!! UGH! :grumble:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've learned how important breakfast has come to be for me. I've had two days that I didn't carve out time for breakfast and both days just went downhill. I was so hungry at lunch that I ate too much and then it just got worse. I used to never eat breakfast but now its something I need (both to jump start my metabolism and set the pace for the day).
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    It's really true - more fat equals way less cravings for sugar of any sort (sugar, breads, cookies). I'm looking at my calories and am a bit freaked out though. It seems way too less. I'll give it another week though I may call the doctor about what really is a good fat/protien balance. Too much of any good thing can turn negative over time. I'm still learning. But I keep telling the boys - this is a life - do not expect to go back to that heavy sugar carb lifestyle. I think they are dealing with more carb cravings then I am. I told them both yesterday "eat some protein if you think you are really craving carbs."
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I learned I am one cranky Beeeeeep! Probably not the lesson you are looking for. I blame TOM for my crankiness. Truthfully it is because I am not choosing the best foods. I am getting there. I will tackle the food choices soon.
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I learned that it is so much easier to do this with friends.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I am learning with my 'female' health issues (nothing drastic but still issue) I may not lose weight but I am still making strides with my health. Since I started exercising more intensely I do feel so much better. No lose in lbs but My clothes feel better. I actually feel better on the inside too. I am happy with that. The scale will not determine my happiness with the other victories I am having!!!!!!!
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    ( WARNING: GUYS MIGHT NOT REALLY WANT TO READ THIS, MORE FEMALE ORIENTED)

I have learned just how hard it is for me to stay on track during Shark Week. I will eat a decent sized meal full of healthy filling foods and 30 mins later I am starving again. I am drinking 8-10 glass of water a day so I know its not thirst. This just bites. However, my husband has joined in the fight to losing weight so it is slightly easier because he isn't eating all the junk foods that I normally indulge in during this week.
    Lets just hope I can keep myself on track these next couple days.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shark Week! LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • diva_kate
    diva_kate Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ( WARNING: GUYS MIGHT NOT REALLY WANT TO READ THIS, MORE FEMALE ORIENTED)

I have learned just how hard it is for me to stay on track during Shark Week. I will eat a decent sized meal full of healthy filling foods and 30 mins later I am starving again. I am drinking 8-10 glass of water a day so I know its not thirst. This just bites. However, my husband has joined in the fight to losing weight so it is slightly easier because he isn't eating all the junk foods that I normally indulge in during this week.
    Lets just hope I can keep myself on track these next couple days.

Shark Week! Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  • diva_kate
    diva_kate Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I learned, or rather realized, that my eyes can deceive me. I swore all week that my weight loss was not really making any changes yet. However, I looked at pics from 11 pounds ago and noticed that my face is thinner. It also dawned on me that my jeans fit comfortably rather than digging into my belly. :happy:
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    New Man, Woman, Wild episodes!