My February success - there is hope for you too!

Options
Motria
Motria Posts: 54 Member
Hi Ladies - Just wanted to share some good news. At the start of February, I started counting calories with a vengeance (~1350 per day) and doing short cardio workouts 3-5 days a week. I get up for work at 6 a.m. and there is NO WAY you could get me up at 5 to work out, so the exercise comes in AFTER kids are in bed at 8pm. I can't get to a gym either (husband works evenings) so my "gym" is YouTube videos on our big-screen TV.

I'm not very overweight, just "fluffy" around the middle and with hardly any muscle. After one month of dedication, I've lost 5 lbs.:heart: I also did measurements for the first time ever - it was nice to confirm that the weight came off where I wanted/hoped it would. I lost 1/2-inch from each thigh, 1-inch at my hips and (most importantly!) 1-1/2 inch from my waist at the belly button. :bigsmile:

My workouts are 15-30 minutes, rarely more than 200 calories burned. So most of the progress is due to limiting calories. And I'm not just eating less, but taking in more veggies/fruit, beans/legumes, whole grains, and lean protein - foods that are nutritious and filling. I'll have some sweet treats every day, but really it's not worth blowing a big portion of your daily calories on something that *doesn't* leave you satisfied and then you're hungry again a half-hour later.

Just wanted to share a little encouragement with my fellow workin' moms! :drinker:

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I love it! Affirmation that eating less, eating better and moving more works!! Great job!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Motria: Congratulations on your success!
  • CC72MN
    CC72MN Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! All those small changes add up over time. Congratulations!