Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

siamese help??

I've had many cats throughout my life... however. I had never had a siamese cat before Fiji. He is a 2 y.o. seal point and let me tell you this, they are NOT normal cats lol.

Here's the thing, Fiji has a horrible habit of waking people up at night for sh*ts n giggles... it drives ME bonkers but it gets my bf mad! He says that we're the superior being and there shouldn't be a reason why the cat would prevent us from having a nice uninterrupted sleep together. Most cats will sleep at the end of the bed or mind their own thing, but fiji will either meow all night or make things fall off the bureau or night stands.It gets to a point that he continues until I physically get up to take him to the living room and then I continue to sleep there, while my boyfriend sleeps alone in the bedroom. The cat settles right down when I do this... and i know i got him into the bad habit and i keep on enabling him.

You guys have to know that if my boyfriend is sleeping in my room and I leave for work, the cat will go curl up with him and not utter a peep and most nights when i am alone its the same thing. My cat doesn't hate my boyfriend, often when he is over, he likes to cuddle with him. it is clear I am his master, he shows it pretty well, but there's something about me and him sleeping together in the same bed that makes him go wacko in the middle of the night.

I read and was told that it takes 7 days to break them... so I am on night 3... since Friday i have been ignoring his meows as i close the door at night and when he REALLY gets out of hand, i lock him in the bathroom. so i can still sleep. Am I doing this all for nothing or will he actually learn?

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    He "should" learn but I've found that nothing is set in stone with cats.

And it is a jealousy thing, its not that he doesn't like your boyfriend its simply that when you two are in bed together he's not got anyone to himself. That's fairly standard cat behaviour, the yowling is standard Siamese.

Stick to it, might take a bit longer than 7 days tho.
  • I love kitties, but sometimes a spray bottle by the bed is needed to dissuade them from getting too rambunctious at night. Of course getting good aim in the dark is a problem...Maybe a glow in the dark collar might help..
  • After my first attempt I ruined all progress because i let him sleep with me at night. He is getting much better, however he still has nights where he is worse than others. i.e. Friday he was horrible, we didn't even sleep 2 hours before he started being ridiculous and last night he was fine from 10:00-5:15. I think he will learn one day, but just have to keep it consistant.

He hates the spray bottle, but does it anyways. He's an attention freak.