Sore knees??

Options
I'm sure I am using proper form, but I'm still worried about my knees. Anyone else worried about their knees doing this workout? lol Or any advice?

Thanks!

Replies

• JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yep I am really worried about my right knee. Every time I start exercising it starts hurting. I have been really working hard on my form so I think I am doing it the right way but my knee is starting to hurt! It's the lunges that are killing me! Hopefully someone out there has some ideas on how to help with this problem!!!
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Neoprene knee support braces and wraps help keep knees stable if you have weak knees or feel extra strain. I noticed when I first started losing and working out I had knee pain due to my extra weight and pressure on the joints and I couldn't do squats or lunges at all. Now I can go halfway down without pain but my leg muscles are weak and I need to get stronger to do the full lunge or squat.
    Typical walking and running doesn't strengthen the knees very much so many people have knee pain when they do leg workouts because its working a new muscle group that isn't naturally targeted.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have a weak right knee so have to be careful too. Also with all the planks in L2 (last time I did the shred) I found my right wrist hurt too.

I guess if necessary you can take a day to rest but I'll try to do as many consecutive days as I can I think.
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    try kinesio tape! it will change your life LOL
    form is very important in this video cause if not you can really hurt your knees
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have issues with both knees. Used to be my right, went to an orthopedic for it, never got a real diagnosis, did physical therapy and it eventually just got better. Now the problem is on my left and my left elbow. I use a knee stabilizer but it really doesn't help. My clinic doctor said I had several 'unusual tears' in my meniscus, but the orthopedic didn't say anything about that.