What do you count as your starting weight

Options
schelly81
schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
I was in the process of losing weight on MFP when my husband and I had our little surprise =) I had lost 45 pounds from my full term pregnancy weight of 242 with my daughter and was trying to lose at least another 25 pounds, preferably another 45 pounds. Anyways my weight always bounced around between 3 or 4 pounds. Would you count my starting weight as my lowest weight 197? Or would you round it up to 200 since the scale usually read 199 and change before I got pregnant? The day after we conceived the scale read 202. I know it's only a few pounds but I'm 17 weeks and I still haven't come to a conclusion.

Replies

• dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I would say the weight that you were when you found out, so 202.
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would count whatever the scale read the first time after you knew you were pregnant.
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would count whatever the scale read the first time after you knew you were pregnant.

this^
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is still at what it was in 2011 when I first started MFP. I lost 65 lbs on here prior to getting pregnant. I am logging my gains throughout my pregnancy. Once the twins arrive, I am planning to reset everything to whatever weight I am at that time and basically begin a new journey on here.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Sounds similar to me! I had my son in 2011 and then lost 60 lbs. So I was recording my weight on MFP when I got pregnant the second time. I just went back to the approx. date of conception and looked at my weight progression on the MFP reports. I just counted that as my starting weight. 202 sounds like a good number :O).