"The Snotsucker"

Options
MrsCarter00
MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
We have the aspirator that was given to us at the hospital and since we've bought a couple but they don't even come close to being as good as the one we got when Jax was born. But since Jaxon HATES the bulb aspiratior and we need a new one anyway because they get so nasty even if you wash them (a friend of a friend cut hers open to find MOLD in it even though she'd washed it with hot soapy water all the time) I decided to go on Amazon to see what I could find and came across the Snotsucker by NoseFrida..has anyone heard of it or tried it?

Here's the link if you want to check it out
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00171WXII/ref=gno_cart_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It's got over 1,000 five star reviews so I'm really considering buying it :)

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I want.
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    I want.

Right!?
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    We use it a few times a week! Works really well - Camden doesn't love it, but doesn't hate it either.
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    We use it a few times a week! Works really well - Camden doesn't love it, but doesn't hate it either.

OH awesome! I think I will order it, we have to use the saline drops and clean Jax's nose out basically every morning!
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    We used it once very recently on our 4 month old when he had some mild congestion. We loved it! So much better than the bulb. The idea of it freaked me out at first but once I tried it it was fine & he didn't mind it at all. Highly recommend it!
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's amazing! It is totally worth buying, although my husband thinks it's disgusting and leaves the snot sucking to me! :-)
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I have never seen this before! Looks like a great product though.
  • Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've heard only good things and love the reviews on Amazon!! I'm going to get one!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i think im going to get one too! looks so much easier and cleaner than the bulb. thanks
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your replies... I'm buying it :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I can't see the link with my phone, but we have the electric one and it works great. So easy to clean.! I used it mostly on my 2yr old, thankfully I didn't need to use any snot sucker on Noah. I'm sure he'd hate it. Lol
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I looked at these when I was pregnant and the thing creeps me out and makes me sick to my stomach. I have a few friends from back home who swear by it and love it. Unfortunately for Jordan since she has that deformity inside her nose we cannot use any kind of suction in her nose because suction causes swelling and her nasal passages are small enough so we are stuck with saline, everyone seems to love theirs and the only complaints I have ever seen is that it grosses people out.
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have a Hydrasense snot sucker and saline drops. I've tried using it a few times, but I'm paranoid about sucking too hard and haven't had much success. Rose is pretty sneezy (and has been since day 1), so I keep tissue around in case anything comes out.
  • GinE73
    GinE73 Posts: 68
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE my NoseFrida! You def get over the ick factor once you see how much relief your LO gets from it. So much less invasive than the aspirator they give at the hospital.
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Ahhh! Thanks y'all! You talked me into it, I ordered us one :)
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I haven't needed one yet, and I've been able to get any boogies with my pinky finger thus far.

I do agree that the nose bulb sucks, though. That's why I use my finger.

But after all of your good reviews I would totally get one if Max turns into a snot machine.

Looks like a good purchase, @MrsCarter!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    good to know, we haven't needed one yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Laura and Kiley, that's great y'all haven't needed one! I think Jax needs it so much because the weather here is so bipolar!! It messes with everyone's sinuses/allergies
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Got my NoseFrida in the mail the other day and love it!!!! Just thought I'd update, thanks again ladies A++ :)