they're back allegedly

Options
dbrightwell1270
dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
http://start.toshiba.com/tv/3/player/vendor/Hollyscoop/player/fiveminute/asset/gnrc_18973059/source/Episodes and Clips

I guess if you're worth nearly $1 billion and your game is improving, it doesn't matter how many strippers, cocktail waitresses and models you nail. The wifey will be willing to reconcile "for the sake of the children."

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    ..............?
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    There are some marriages that can make it through cheating. It's been a few years. If they still have feelings for each other, good for them.

She's requested a $350M prenup....so, she's not completely stupid, either.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    There are some marriages that can make it through cheating. It's been a few years. If they still have feelings for each other, good for them.

The link is not working for me :<
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

The link is not working for me :<

It's about Tiger Woods' reconciliation with his wife. The video posted just says they're getting back together because their kids asked them to. If that was the real reason, I think they would have been back together years ago.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I guess if you're worth nearly $1 billion and your game is improving, it doesn't matter how many strippers, cocktail waitresses and models you nail. The wifey will be willing to reconcile "for the sake of the children."

Wow, you sound awfully bitter. Perhaps you were hoping for a chance with Tiger and his fortune?
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Honestly... who cares?

Unless you're close friends with these people?
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

Wow, you sound awfully bitter. Perhaps you were hoping for a chance with Tiger and his fortune?

Not bitter at all. I just don't like BS answers like "It's because the kids asked me."
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Honestly... who cares?
    Unless you're close friends with these people?
    Aside from plainly caring because you know them personally, I think it is interesting to try to understand their behaviour.

Why would she go back with someone that clearly cheated "a lot" on her?
    Aren't all women here saying that they would not tolerate cheating at all and that it would be a dealbreaker for them.... instantly?
    Do you think Wood's wife had a different discourse from the women here on MFP ("Me? No of course not, I don't mind a cheater")?
    What made her reconsider her position?

DB thinks cash plays its part. I believe this is the case, but I also believe that being the wife of a celebrity has its perks, and also that after you've spent 5 years and have kids with someone you once loved, you are willing to be more... tolerant.
    Even compromise on things you thought you couldn't compromise on.
    Because, let's face it, apart from the fact that Tiger attracts *kitten* like a magnet (power, money, fame, looks) and that he is submitted to a lot of pressure (work, women), he is probably not fundamentally a bad person.

Anyway, I actually believe that they are maybe trying to go back together for the kids and because when you've been with someone for a long time, you actually feel a void when you don't have their presence anymore.
    Life sucks and it doesn't always work how you would like to, so maybe they don't have the strength to build a new relationship with someone else... They've invested too much time in this one and they feel it's easier to try to save it if they can.

I think money is just the little extra push in this case. But I might be wrong.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Not bitter at all. I just don't like BS answers like "It's because the kids asked me."

How would you know it's BS unless you know them as a couple? It may not be a reason you like, but it is a valid one in terms of a serious relationship. Besides, if I recall, didn't she try to stay with him and get him into "rehab" for a while after the scandal broke? Maybe she really did - and still does- want it to work. Flim also has some great points here.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    DB - I have to say I agree with you not liking the statement "because the kids asked me" Yes what a way to cop out and put the blame on the kids, when they are older and read this stuff. Kids are smart, every fight every bicker every possible negative thing that comes from them getting back together, is "because the kids asked me" too. Way to go.

Why go back? Duh....comfort. Absolutely, she knows how she'll be treated, she knows that she may never trust him, but it's comfortable, not necessarily because of money, but SHE KNOWS him.

I haven't followed any of his stuff, but if he "voluntarily" went into rehab and actually participated...then yeah I'd give it another shot. If he simply did it because he was forced to by the media and pressure from the outside world, I may still come back but cautiously and incredibly slowly.

And if she didn't get a prenup I'd smack her. That's a given. All marriages should have prenups. Even if you own nothing when you go in....Get one. And yes, that I'm bitter about ha ha ha.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Flim, that's cool and all, but people get back with each other all the time. The only reason people care about these two is because people like to gossip and everyone knows of these two beautiful rich people.

This isn't a phenomenon. This isn't even unique. It's not something that psychologists struggle to understand. People get comfortable with each other and forgive each other and give each other so many chances in the name of comfort, stability or "for the children" and it happens in spite of whether or not that person adamantly said "I WOULD NEVER GET BACK WITH A CHEATER". Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

If it were happening to my friend I'd be there to chat and discuss because it impacts my life - if it happened to someone on this board I would offer support/advice. But whatever is gossiped about here will come to absolutely nothing.

So I stand by my original message.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Bigger Question:

Why is it so many people care about the "celebrities/rich people/status people/insert whatever label here" do?

Blows my mind, guess what you will never meet/talk/associate and even if you do, it won't matter. Why? Because you will discover the truth about those people, and the truth is, they are human just like you.

Derp.
    Aside from plainly caring because you know them personally, I think it is interesting to try to understand their behaviour.

Why don't we make a big stink about poor people's behavior then? I never like this argument.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Easy tiger!

@Zach: I think the point DB was making is that Wood is rich and that he didn't believe they were coming back together for the same reasons poor people do.

@Kit: So... because you think "this isn't even unique", you think that money had little to nothing to do with their reconciliation in this case, as I suspect as well. Thanks for your input.

Eh eh. Eh.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    @Kit: So... because you think "this isn't even unique", you think that money had little to nothing to do with their reconciliation in this case, as I suspect as well. Thanks for your input.

I didn't say it had little to nothing to do with their reconciliation I'm saying it ("it" being them getting back together) doesn't matter and getting caught up in stories like this is a waste of time.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Not that anyone cares but since I "liked" Lindsey Vonn on FB she made it official today that her and Tiger Woods are a couple and posted pictures. So I don't think him and the ex are getting back together.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Dang I wouldn't even be able to look at someone who took half my money :laugh:.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    This whole situation is why I don't pay any attention to what gets reported in the media about celebrity couples. Remember when all this first went down and Tiger's wife chased him out of the house with a golf club, and they tried to act like she was trying to rescue him after his car hit a tree and he was knocked unconscious or whatever? Um yeah, I'm calling BS on pretty much everything they say.