Usage questions

Options
Hello all,

I am new member to Myfitnesspal and just got my Nike Fuel Band (NFB). I would love to hear some of your advice about how you use the band in addition to this site. I am particularly interested in how one might enter the calories burned that the NFB reports. I have heard of the need to cross check this information with the BMR etc. I really appreciate your help and i look forward to getting to know someone of you.

Thank you,
Alex Rose

Replies

• cinthyaclarke
    cinthyaclarke Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like there's a whole lot of action here, but I'll post my comment anyway and hope someone sees it. I just purchased the Nike+ FuelBand and have done a LOT of online searching to try to figure out how I can use it with MFP. What I finally decided to do was set my daily calorie allowance to my BMR and add my active calorie burn as shown on my fuel band at the end of each day. Any suggestions on if this will be effective?
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Have not really tried mine to adjust calorie intake, mine is basically a glorified watch/pedometer. I use it to challenge my wife on daily fuel, it kind of motivates us both to move a little more. If I could do it over again I would go for the firbit flex. I have the fitbit scale and syncs with MFP awesomely!!
  • cinthyaclarke
    cinthyaclarke Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Fitbit One and am very happy with it. I will be returning the Nike+ Fuelband. I think it's good for people who are just looking for a little extra motivation to move around, but if you're at all serious about your activity level, I recommend the FitBit.