Possible Papal candidates

Options
nancycaregiver
nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
One of the candidates is from North America. We have never had a pope from North America before. He is from Canada.

Replies

• JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were looking at the candidates too...do you think they'd elect someone from North America? I'm thinking probably not but...who knows where the Holy Spirit will guide them.
  • nancycaregiver
    Options
    There are a lot of Italians on the list. I don't think they would pick someone from North America but not too many years ago, no one thought they would pick someone from Poland. I was kinda liking the one that Tweets and is up on pop culture, who may appeal to the younger generation...the future of our church. But, yes, I agree and pray that the Spirit may lead them.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I like Cardinal Ouellette. But who knows who they will pick. We need to join with the Church in prayer at this time.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Where are you finding a list of candidates?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I don't actually think it's necessary to be' modern' to speak to young people. I think the truth speaks more loudly to them then tweeting or facebook or upbeat music. But that's just me. :P
  • nancycaregiver
    Options
    Where are you finding a list of candidates?

I found it on Yahoo's home page in the news feed. You could o a Yahoo search. And, yes, I agree about the Truth speaking loudly but I think there are a lot more young people on twitter than on EWTN or who watch the news. You have to get their attention before you can speak to them.
  • BestCindyICanBe
    BestCindyICanBe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that the list of "candidates" is the secular world's version of candidates. John Paul II was not on anyones list. We just have to wait and let the Holy Spirit guide the cardinals to pick the person God will's to be the next Pope.