tumblr_lva788KVlS1qkb2g0o1_500.jpg

YaY finally an upside to little boobs!

Wait.....

I've been single a looooong time...

DAMNIT!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You and Christine are way off topic here.

The point of this thread is to demonize OP for being mean to men. Remember?

Either contribute or leave, us self righteous zealots have an agenda to push, you are either with us? Or against us!

Nolachick, since you are the OP, is that the point of this thread? Did you start it to be demonized for being mean to men?

I officially hijacked the thread though, it is mine now.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I'll play!

tumblr_lw095ukPIp1qkb2g0o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lvaf3kgmjg1qkb2g0o1_500.jpg

Where are these from? I want more!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    You and Christine are way off topic here.

The point of this thread is to demonize OP for being mean to men. Remember?

Either contribute or leave, us self righteous zealots have an agenda to push, you are either with us? Or against us!

Nolachick, since you are the OP, is that the point of this thread? Did you start it to be demonized for being mean to men?

I officially hijacked the thread though, it is mine now.

She can't take credit for being mean to men when the original quote was said by a MAN hahahaha
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'll play!

http://maleminded.tumblr.com/
  • christine24t
    Options
    I'll play!

http://maleminded.tumblr.com/

Thanks!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I might be in the minority, and this might shock people, but I don't really have a problem with sexist humor as long as it is HUMOR. To me there is a difference between telling a woman she is lesser because XYZ and my friend laughing and telling me to shut up and make him a sammich when I have bested him in an argument.

I believe that humor has the ability to actually lessen the evil of stereotypes and prejudice because it makes it seem ludicrous. "Wow, you actually believe women shouldn't drive? That's pathetic." There are people that hide their prejudice behind jokes like that, but in reality they are only furthering the cause. These things are funny specifically because they AREN'T true, but on some level we can relate and understand that they USED to be which only adds to the ridiculousness of it, like laughing about mullets.

It's the reason we make Hitler jokes, accuse each other of being "commies", or when my friend tells me how she tried to pick cotton once because she wanted to connect with her ancestors. It doesn't make those things any less wrong historically, but it perpetuates the idea that the mindset is incorrect and laughable - as is anyone that believes such things.

Humor is a powerful tool.
  • christine24t
    Options
    I might be in the minority, and this might shock people, but I don't really have a problem with sexist humor as long as it is HUMOR. To me there is a difference between telling a woman she is lesser because XYZ and my friend laughing and telling me to shut up and make him a sammich when I have bested him in an argument.

I believe that humor has the ability to actually lessen the evil of stereotypes and prejudice because it makes it seem ludicrous. "Wow, you actually believe women shouldn't drive? That's pathetic." There are people that hide their prejudice behind jokes like that, but in reality they are only furthering the cause. These things are funny specifically because they AREN'T true, but on some level we can relate and understand that they USED to be which only adds to the ridiculousness of it, like laughing about mullets.

It's the reason we make Hitler jokes, accuse each other of being "commies", or when my friend tells me how she tried to pick cotton once because she wanted to connect with her ancestors. It doesn't make those things any less wrong historically, but it perpetuates the idea that the mindset is incorrect and laughable - as is anyone that believes such things.

Humor is a powerful tool.

Beautifully worded.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Y'all testing my patience today...
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    Ladies...shhhhh...I think I hear Zach and a few others laughing as they reply to your indignation. Then they sit back and watch as you throw a holy tantrum.

Seriously?
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Y'all testing my patience today...

:flowerforyou:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Ladies...shhhhh...I think I hear Zach and a few others laughing as they reply to your indignation. Then they sit back and watch as you throw a holy tantrum.

Seriously?

Holy tantrum? What're you reading?
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options

Seriously?

Holy tantrum? What're you reading?

Just any number of posts all over SP for the last week. I've just been sitting back, soaking it all in. The "feeling" I get is that somebody wants Zach to stop posting his opinion, some people think he's a meanie, HE knows they think he's a meanie because he's getting PMs that have told him so. I can only imagine the PMs he's getting.

Bottom line...it's the internet...it's a forum. Skip over what you don't like, or respond, it's your choice (the arbitrary you...before somebody thinks I'm a meanie)

Nevermind...I'm a meanie and a jerk. I just SMH at some of the ladies who think it's cute and funny when they post some male stereotype or "unsolicited" advice. Those same ladies do literally come out swinging when they don't like the male perspective. In case you haven't noticed, Zach looks and sounds like a man. I happen to appreciate his perspective so far. As soon as I read his posts, I can be pretty certain that at least one or two ladies are going to have issue with something he says.

This is funny to me. Maybe it's because I own a pair of big girl pants that allows me to take the essence of what he posts and find truth in it. Or maybe I'm blinded by that sexy back!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I love men.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    I love men.

^^This. Especially sexy, muscled, strong opinionated men.
  • zachatta
    Options
    I love men.

lololololololo
    ;)
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I love men.

lololololololo
    ;)

You two seem like you would be perfect together. Please exit out the side door.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I think Yoovie has the better back.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I think Yoovie has the better back.

Yoovie has a better everything
    /droooooool
  • zachatta