New to group, Recent NSV

Options
Just_Ceci
Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
Last week, I tried on my motorcycle pants that I haven't worn since I started losing weight. They used to be a tight fit, now they don't fit at all, they completely fall off! I'll have to get a new pair.

I currently ride a Yamaha FZ6R after having been on cruisers for a few years. I got tired of dragging parts in the twisties!

Moved to NW Arkansas in 2011 from SE Texas. There are tons of great roads here!

My bike past-

Suzuki TS185- first bike, still have it, needs some work (a friend crashed into a fence trying to learn to ride.)
Kawasaki Vulcan 750- still have it- stator died on a long trip. I'm collecting the parts to rebuild this one- love it!
Yamaha VStar 650- sold it
Harley XL1200L- traded it for the current bike, (like I said, got tired of dragging parts in the twisties)

I've taken a couple of really long trips:

2008- 12,000 mile around the country trip with my husband Blog- http://ctoons124.blogspot.com/
2010- Rode to Washington, DC with my friend JJ (Yep, 2 chicks on bikes alone- It was INCREDIBLE!)

I am really looking forward to getting the thinner me on my bike. Now, if the weather would just cooperate!

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Welcome! - and Kudos to you for the loose pants! Have fun shopping fpr some new duds!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Well CONGRATS AND welcome from another NW Arkansas Lady Rider! :) Our roads here are AMAZING!!! I just can't wait til all my motorcycle clothing fits again!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on those pants woo-hoo!

I really want to get to your area sometime soon. I keep wanting to go to Bikes Blues & BBQ in the worst way, but usually by the time fall gets here I don't have any time off left LOL.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    BBB is incredible! Last fall, they paired Bikes, Blues, and BBQ with Bikes, Babes, and Bling- so lots of vendors and things for the girls.

You have to make a trip here sometime! One of the reasons we decided to move here was the great motorcycle roads!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    My bike past-

Suzuki TS185- first bike, still have it, needs some work (a friend crashed into a fence trying to learn to ride.)

My first one too! First crash too. Currently still sitting in the garage. Kinda runs, but I can't get the electrics working right. Oil pump went out causing the engine to seize, so I did a top-end rebuild a few years ago.

Congrats on the NSV! I'm waiting for the same one.

JM
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    BBB is incredible! Last fall, they paired Bikes, Blues, and BBQ with Bikes, Babes, and Bling- so lots of vendors and things for the girls.

You have to make a trip here sometime! One of the reasons we decided to move here was the great motorcycle roads!

Will do... but not this year :cry: