Cal & Macro settings post-birth for overweight BFing mommas?

Options
cakesmooth
cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
I fell off my healthy way of eating mid first trimester and have gained excess weight again. I was still overweight when I became pregnant although I was easily losing a pound a week. Physical activity is easy for me its my diet that sucks. I'm due next month and excited to get back onto a healthy track again!

I gained excess weight with my first as well and BFed for 20 months. Although I was very active and even ran a half marathon easily I still didn't lose more than the 20 pounds that came off when my son left my womb. It took WW (one year after the birth) to lose extra weight then cal & macro tracking with MFP to lose more. BFing doesn't take my weight off so if that's your answer it doesn't help me. I will add BFing cals to my day.

I'm planning on 1800 cals the first month with lots of protein then when baby is 6 weeks (planning another natural vaginal delivery) I'm going to join an 8 week local Body Back program which will put me on a strict whole & clean food based diet which will include extra cals for BFing.

For all my overweight BFing mommas with a post-baby weight loss plan, what is it? Or for those who have children and were in this situation before what worked for you?

Replies

• cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I posted this on another board as I'm also on the Fit Mommas board as I already have a son.

In case anyone else is in the same boat and asking the same question, I received a response from one of the 2nd time moms who is getting results. She basically set MFP to lose 1 lb per week and added 500 cals for BFing. That's what I'm going with. She said she is losing the pound a week and still even going over. She started one week post delivery and hasn't had any issues with supply. Good luck mommas!
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I posted this on another board as I'm also on the Fit Mommas board as I already have a son.

In case anyone else is in the same boat and asking the same question, I received a response from one of the 2nd time moms who is getting results. She basically set MFP to lose 1 lb per week and added 500 cals for BFing. That's what I'm going with. She said she is losing the pound a week and still even going over. She started one week post delivery and hasn't had any issues with supply. Good luck mommas!

I think that sounds like an awesome plan!