tall and built like a Mack truck...?

Options
I3ernadette
I3ernadette Posts: 34 Member
I got my LBM calculated at the doctor's office today and it's approximately 180lbs (one time 183, one time 178). So even though I weigh 250lbs, I have less than 30% body fat... and a buddha belly that fills my pants with sorrow. Anyone else have problems like this? Being just frickin' huge, height aside? I'm only 5'11", people! (And now I've given myself a complex.)

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I don't have the muscle mass you do, but no one would ever think to call me delicate or willowy! I'm 6 ft and very broad across the ribs/back/shoulders. Very linebackeresque. I've never been smaller than a 14. It's disappointing, but not much I can do about it.
  • I3ernadette
    Options
    I think your profile pic looks great, though! My sister's the same height as me and has tiny, tiny shoulders, and I've spent my entire life being careful when I hug her because she looks so dang fragile. I like the idea of being big and strong and fit, it's just... I tried to go hanggliding once, before I put the weight on, and I was 210lbs. The limit for a passenger was 200lbs. I think it's just that the number's in my head - when I was 16, 200lbs was ideal. Now that I'm 27, that's a bit too skinny to be healthy, and I'm having a hard time getting past the social stigma. Which is really just a mental issue, and I know that, but I still haven't changed the goal weight on my dratted ticker :grumble:
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    I think as you lose weight, not all of it will be fat. Some muscle is lost in the process too whether you want it to be or not. So you may not be 180lb of lean body mass when you get a little lower.

Thanks for the pic compliment! It's deceptive when I'm in a picture by myself. When I'm next to other people you really see it. Even in that picture for example, my bra band size is a 40. I feel like the Hulk sometimes.

My two cents though, we judge ourselves more harshly than anyone else does. When you are a healthy weight for your height, people see healthy. No one who sees "healthy" is spending time wondering what the scale reads for you. So lose until you feel you look healthy and forget about what the number on the scale says. :smile:
  • I3ernadette
    Options
    when i started this dieting thing i was wearing a 44b/c - which you can't actually buy for less than a bazillion dollars. i'm looking forward to real bras again :). i give myself periodic peptalks about how totally awesome and hot and wondrous i am/will be, but sometimes i get on the scale - or the doctor gives me googly eyes of awe - and i need a little outside support. so thank you for that!
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    You're welcome to add me if you'd like!
  • geminside
    geminside Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know what you girls mean... When I look at myself in the mirror and don't think its all that bad but next to my short and skinny co-workers I really look out of place. Hate having pictures taken, I feel they never really look like me. Maybe I just see the person inside me?!