Simcity

Options
hrvatska17
hrvatska17 Posts: 16 Member
Anyone here also plays Simcity? The new game was released on tuesday and I bought it but haven't had time to play yet.. Has anyone tried it? How is it??

Replies

• Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not a simcity player, but would love to hear more about it and if it's worth getting it :smile:
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    All I've been hearing about so far is how the DRM (piracy protection) that EA put into place is causing people problems. I'm not sure if it's only an issue with the digitally downloaded copies or not, but it sounds like they are having major issues. Amazon just stopped selling the digital copies altogether because of it.

I plan to buy the game at some point after the smoke clears. I've always loved Sim City. I just honestly don't have time to take on another game at the moment.
  • hrvatska17
    hrvatska17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well, I just tried to play yesterday and COULD NOT!
    Seems like this new game needs an internet connection to function - which is weird and deceiving for people who don't wish to play multiplayers or do not have an internet connection - but the worst thing is you need to get onto one of the ''servers'' to get to play. Unfortunately they are all full or really busy because EA did not create enough of them. I believe that is what's causing the most trouble. AND it's not just downloaded games but also regular games, like mine.
    Really, it sucks, and I suggest anyone who wants to buy the game wait a little before doing so...
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. But that explains why people are raging about it. I understand the desire to reduce piracy, but this is NOT the way to go about it!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I have the Simcity game and Idk I just dont find it as fun as I thought I would. Maybe im missing something, I built up my community with schools, factories, stores, and homes waste mgmt and all but then the game got BORING, anyone else experience this? I also thought the game was more of a multiplayer game and I didnt find anyone. I do want to say that I was a former TSO lover and when that went away pc gaming was never the same for me. I loved skilling and meeting new people on that game, I even got to go to a couple of weddings via the game...Can anyone shed some light on what I could do to make Sim city better when I play again?