Who's Who is Your Who?

Options
rbartlett9671
rbartlett9671 Posts: 193 Member
Who's your favourite Doctor?

X always makes me think of someone I knew in High School who always irritated me a bit LOL I DO like XI though... and in my more random, slightly manic moments I can be a lot like him.... it kinda wears you out though.... LOL

Replies

• River__Song
    River__Song Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    David Tennant all the way!!!!!!!
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    Pfffffft! :P

Am I the only one who prefers XI?
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm more Old School.... My favourites are Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, and Peter Davison.
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Definitely Christopher Eccleston. :-)
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    The first Doctor I remember is Pertwee, but I really grew up with Baker and Davison. I was never a Who fan at the time, but we used to watch it sometimes as I ate my ham sandwiches on a Saturday night in England LOL

mom9198 - so you're the one :P I didn't mind him... I just think it's a shame we never really got to know him... curiously, a lot of fans would love to see VIII and IX make an appearance during the 50th Anniversary (including myself) but the last I heard there were no plans for them to come back...
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    Options
    I was kind of bummed that Eccleston only did one season - he could have done so much more. :)
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    I totally agree... he made for an interesting doctor - quite different from X and XI. Did you know that Eccleston announced his departure from the show right after his first episode aired? Bummer LOL
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My Uncle made me watch Doctor Who with him when I was a little girl. That was Tom Baker but I don't really remember it well.
    I started watching it with my husband on Netflix last Fall. I had no idea what it was about or what was coming. I was horrified when 9 regenerated after only one season. I had to take a break before watching again. After a few epsisodes David Tennant grew on me. Now he is my favorite. He is the perfect blend of 9's seriousness and 11's silliness. He also does not remind me of anyone like 9 & 11 do. Christopher Eccelston reminds me of a smaller Chef Robert Irvine and Matt Smith reminds me of Blaine from Glee with a Lyle Lovett pompadour.
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    Options
    ... Matt Smith reminds me of Blaine from Glee with a Lyle Lovett pompadour.

:laugh: Never thought of that combination. I just thought he was a goofy child.
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    LOL loril13... I see what you mean about Eccleston... and I totally agree with you there :)

As for XI, I can't say I know the character from Glee, so I don't have any comparison there...

David Tennant reminds me a LOT of a friend I used to have... he even looks a bit like him... alas, he used to irritate me sometimes LOL I don't mind Tennant, but I'd rather watch XI. I can see how XI can be annoying though.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Matt Smith doesn't annoy me. I just never connected with him as The Doctor. The show also seemed to turn into more of a nighttime soap with his doctor. There was just sometyhnig about season six that rubbed me wrong.

Eh, I still love it. I'm even creating new Whovians of friends I met on MFP.
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    LOL Bring them here!

One of us! One of us! One of us!
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    X was the lover, wasn't he? I'm a girl, he was always be the Doctor that I hope appears in his Tardis to whisk me away.

But XI is actually more fun! He's grown on me so much that I think when he regenerates I might just cry more than I did when X regenerated.
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    Crikey Charlie!

I guess the big question is... will XI cry more than X did when he regenerates??

"I don't want to go..." *whimper*

Ever see the out-takes of David Tennant saying that line? They filmed three... one with not much emotion, one where he blubbers and somewhere in-between... they used the middle one...
  • LovesDoctorWho
    Options
    Definitely Christopher Eccleston. :-)

I loved him!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Baker... I love him... but if we are talking new Who. I love Eccleston and am still sad he only got one series. I loved Tennant but only because he had SO much energy... Smith is wonderfully awkward . Really I love them all but I think Baker is my favorite.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    ... Matt Smith reminds me of Blaine from Glee with a Lyle Lovett pompadour.

:laugh: Never thought of that combination. I just thought he was a goofy child.

This is really funny as Matt Smith and Darren Criss are my two celebrity loves! I adore Smith. He is my favorite Doctor, and just an awesome actor and person.

So my favorites, in order: Smith, Tennant, Pertwee, Tom Baker, Eccleston. I also really love Paul McGann as the Doctor, but with his new garb that he never actually got to film in. I really want them to make a flashback of him fighting the Time War.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    New-2011-Photoshoot-matt-smith-22557881-1000-1000.jpg

Photo spam of perfection.
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing a pic of Matt Smith before he started as the Doctor and thinking, 'oh no, another pretty one' but he's soooooo gangly and awkward, which is perfect. His first ever episode is one of my favourites of all time.
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    I'd love to see something of the Time War... but then, you have to wonder... would you find it disappointing? I mean, it's like the Clone Wars in Star Wars... you heard whispers of it in the original trilogy and then... well... you found out it really wasn't that exciting after all LOL