Favourite Companions

Options
rbartlett9671
rbartlett9671 Posts: 193 Member
I know a lot of fans liked Donna Noble - and she was great, but I found her a little irritating sometimes...

...so for me, I have to say that right now I still like Amy Pond. Maybe it's the police uniform *cough*

I also liked Rory, actually. He really came into his own and I loved the relationship the two of them shared.

I'm curious to see how Clara / Oswin turns out...

Replies

• VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I think it's too hard to choose. I did love Donna though.
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    Donna had some great, funny moments... I especially like the scene where she gets all indignant because she mishears the Doctor...

"You what??? You just want to mate????" LOL
  • River__Song
    River__Song Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Captain Jack, Rose, Amy, Craig (I know he was only in 2 episodes, but he deserves a mention), and Rory.
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    Captain Jack was awesome. I especially liked the subtle nod that X gave to him in Tennant's final episode... it was that one, single scene that made me go watch Torchwood because I wanted to know what had happened to the poor man... and then I found out! Wow...

I'd LOVE to see him come back and appear in some eps with XI :)
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    With the new Doctors... I'd have to say my favourites are Amy & Rory.
    With the old series... Adric, Nyssa, Tegan, Sarah Jane Smith, K9, and the Brigadier (Sir Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart),
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    Everybody liked the Brigadier too... have you seen The Five Doctors? He had some great moments with the second Doctor in that :)
  • River__Song
    River__Song Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    How could I forget to mention K9!

rbartlett9671, that's what made me start watching Torchwood. Love that show.
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Everybody liked the Brigadier too... have you seen The Five Doctors? He had some great moments with the second Doctor in that :)

It's been a while since I've seen The Five Doctors. I'm sure I'll see it again some day. :smile:
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    It's a shame William Hartnell had passed away before it was made - the actor who took his place did a fine job though. All the special effects look a bit cheesy now LOL
  • Caleb_Daniel
    Caleb_Daniel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Rose and a close second is Amy. I havent seen enough of the classic series to name any of them.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    In the new series Captain Jack, Donna and Rory. I didn't really dislike any of them although Rose irritates me sometimes. And when did she get that lisp???

RoryMakingEveryoneElsesBoyfriendLookBad_zps2642992c.jpg
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I loved Amy Pond, but it goes back and forth between her and Donna. Donna was the only one who was a FRIEND to the Doctor. Everyone else is attracted to him or sees him as a father figure. I'm interested to see how the new Doctor will deal with this (okay, that's a lie, I'm still devastated over Matt Smith leaving).
  • iamdontwanna
    Options
    Rose for the new series, SJS for old series (so far, I'm not done watching classic who)
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sara Kingdom (played by Jean Marsh from Upstairs Downstairs) Susan Foreman, Romana #2, Leela (louise Jameson, who now is in Doc Martin), Sarah Jane Smith, Rose Tyler, Amy Pond, Clara Oswin....

and they didnt stick around long but I have to add also Lady Cristina (Michelle Ryan from Metal Hurlant) Jenny from the Doctors Daughter (Georgia Moffet, daughter of Peter Davison) and Idris, the personified Tardis. oh and the Paternoster Gang (Vastra, Strax and Jenny)

oh and he wasnt in the tv series just in the doctor who magazine from the uk.... but Frobisher was just magnificent.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Rose and Amy... and Captain Jack tho' I don't see him as a 'companion' per se.
  • phantasmagical
    phantasmagical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think Martha is under-rated. Donna was pretty great, and I was really pulling to have a few episodes with Gramps as a companion, but...no such luck.