Buff like Buffy Challenge

Options
Ok thought I'd give this a fitness spin here too. I set a personal goal this month to exercise for 1400 minutes. Anyone else want to participate? You can set your minutes individually and we will see how we do at the end of the month. I had a bit of a slow start this month due to illness but as of this post I'm up to 177/1400 minutes. (I'm pretty much calculating all my fitness minutes into this, strength training, running and any other activity that I'm doing.)

So my ultimate goal, of course, is to be fit and awesome, just like Buffy!

Replies

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty good idea! I currently have mine set to 1200 mins a week but it's a rather loose goal. I'm at 1009 / 1200 for this week so far.

And hey, we could do a fitness game (like, a drinking game, but with fitness exercises) with episodes of the show. Like whenever Giles removes his glasses to wipe them, do 5 push-ups. Or when Xander makes a funny crack, 10 sit-ups. When Anya is blunt, 3 burpees!

I swear, we could get really buff while enjoying the show(s) with those :P
  • friendlybanana
    Options
    Great idea! We did that with the Super Bowl this year. Interception = 10 push-ups, fumble = 10 sit-ups, etc,

We could do something like 1 show a week. Start with Buffy season 1 episode 1. Have the exercises listed and then we just each watch it when we can.

I just Googled it and there's plenty of Buffy drinking games already done we could use. :)
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thats an awesome idea!!!!!
  • disneyfan707
    disneyfan707 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sweeeeeet, those are fantastic ideas! I'm game. I can't really set a time goal right now, but I'll be happy if I can do something of the exercise variety 5 times next week. I really love the game idea, wish I'd thought of that years ago, lol.
  • friendlybanana
    Options
    Do you all want to start with Buffy s1e1 next week and do the fitness game? If so, I'll put together the triggers and exercises and post them. But I have to do some research first on what we'll do and then watch episode 1 to make sure things will work. Woe is me.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do this! Sounds perfect!
  • friendlybanana
    Options
    I think it will be fun. It will be a good workout too. Lets start next week and ill figure out the stuff this week. We can do an episode a week and maybe more people will join in as time goes by. :)
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I wish I could help more with setting it up, since I'm the one who made the suggestion and all, but my schedule is basically booked for the next 3 weeks so even just fitting the episodes in might be a challenge.
  • friendlybanana
    Options
    I'm going to have the episode 1 exercises ready at some point tomorrow. Gotta try it first to make sure it's not too crazy or too easy. I'm assuming everyone has the DVDs or has access to watch them through Netflix or whatever. Then just whenever you can watch it during the week and do the challenge will be one more workout we're all doing. Then we can move on to ep 2 next week! Can't tell you how many times I've watched ep 1 this week. LoL :)
  • here
    here Posts: 69
    Options
    Hahaha, that sounds freaking awesome. I'm game.
  • friendlybanana
    Options
    I went out yesterday for St Pattys Days, got hammered, and didn't make it home until like 3:30 in the morning. Needless to say, my plan on working on the Buffy challenge game yesterday didn't happen. Sooo, I'll just have to try and work on it later today or tomorrow. Stay tuned.....