NSV - never thought I'd say this

s_west
s_west Posts: 17 Member
Warning...may be TMI! But I had to share this....I actually got an honest to god period this month! Haven't had a "normal" period since last August (2-3 months of nothing, then a few days of brown spotting) so my family doc started me on Metformin about a month ago. Lo and behold! AF showed up and it's an actual normal looking period. Never thought I'd be happy to use that 8 month old box of tampons in the cupboard lol!

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    I've felt the same way. Funny how something unpleasant can be a cause for rejoicing!
  • pland54
    pland54 Posts: 132
    Lol, that's great! I've found that when I do get one now I am caught totally unprepared and constantly run out of tampons, because I never had to get used to buying them or having them with me!
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    That's great! Last month I felt simular Since TTC I had never been so happy to get my period because it came closer to day 30 than day 40 like it had been coming!
  • theuber
    theuber Posts: 51
    Celeigh - I have to say you look ABSOLUTELY amazing! Just looking at your ticker gives me hope, and is a HUGE encouragement to me.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Celeigh - I have to say you look ABSOLUTELY amazing! Just looking at your ticker gives me hope, and is a HUGE encouragement to me.

Thank you! :blushing: I am so glad it gives you hope!
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    congrats i too have had that reaction and like an other poster said i had to run and get some tampons but now i have a normal period every month (this only having one ovary) thanks to healthier eating and metformin. i had to get used to buying them with out turning red at the check out counter LOL