Introduction

Options
bflamme
bflamme Posts: 2 Member
Hi,

I see there has not been any posts yet, so thought I would give it a try. I'm Beverly Ann. I'm in Indianapolis, IN. I had my RNY surgery last year in May. I'm just turning 9 months. I've lost 120 so far, and getting within 15-20lbs from goal. I'm not at maintenance yet, but have lots of questions about it. Was hoping to learn from you! :)

Replies

• MeanaGailRotten
    MeanaGailRotten Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5 years post-RnY. I can try to answer some of your questions, although there may be much better resources. :)

Initially, I lost 125ish pounds. 5 years out, 25 lbs crept back, so I have implemented a strict reset plan and am looking forward to being back at my low point, and maybe another 20. :)
  • bflamme
    bflamme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

How do you know when you are done? I mean ready for maintenance? People keep saying things like your body knows and you just stop. When I asked my dietician that question she just smiled... makes me crazy :) why dont they answer questions? LOL I'm currently taking in somewhere between 1000 and 1200 calories, eating 3 meals and 3 snacks per day, 5-6 oz total volumes. Can I ask how you compared to that when you were maintaining? I know were not all the same of course, just wondering if I'm getting close to where I'll land.
  • MeanaGailRotten
    MeanaGailRotten Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't recall having any formal transition into maintenance. I didn't recognize my low weight, and when it crept up a bit, I just thought I was "settling in". I resorted to "slider" foods that were easier to digest, so I have had a 30 lb regain, but I guess you could say that I have finally gotten around to close scrutiny of my overall nutrition and activity level (I've had chronic issues with iron deficiency and fatigue.)

SO . . . allow me to serve as a cautionary tale for you. Stick close to your plan, keep in contact with your dietician, have your bloodwork done periodically, and lean on the professionals to help you determine the healthiest plan for you. The longer out you are from your surgery, the smaller the memory of what you had to go through gets.